History Channel - Oak Island mini series January 5, 2014

FragFox

Dec 21, 2014
Eastern Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster, Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well the 5 minutes worth of new film of them going down the hole was interesting.

I only wish they didn't keep repeating the same thing over & over

it got really tiresome seeing the Cartoon image of 2 Boxes a Piece of wood and possible body,
along with the words 7 must die
before & after every commercial Over & over again.

A gee ? ....... think anyone hasn't heard that enough by now ?

Agreed, and do you really think we need a 5 minute lesson on how a re-breather works? All filler.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK fine. I'll try to rein myself in a bit. Unfortunately I just unloaded on an unsuspecting mark in another thread. But that was before I saw your post :P

But seriously, there has to be SOMETHING down there :D

Advise you stop "unloading" on members " unsuspecting mark" now....

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But seriously, there has to be SOMETHING down there :D

Does there?

If you look at the old images it was strip mined. There's nothing but "clean fill" after Dunfield took it down 100 ft in a 100 ft wide excavation and then filled it all back in when nothing was found.

oak-18-Various-dig-sites-dot-the-island-in-the-1960s..jpg

Oak-17-Robert-Dunfield-in-South-Shore-Trench-in-1965..jpg

So now the hunters are fanning out. Like the leprechaun's pot of gold at the end of the rainbow - it stays just beyond reach.

But then I'm just a 'ol stick in the mud.

Then there's the Masons - who have had more revisionist theories created for them in the last 30 years than history records. Yes, there have been some great men who were Masons. But I don't think their achievements were linked to a common Masonic goal. It was an early form of "networking" to get powerful people together.

And I'm always willing to revise theories.When the Grand Exhulted PooBah gives the press conference and admits "Yeah, ya caught us. You've all been manipulated for our purposes". Cause I'd love to know what that higher purpose is versus the enlightened self enrichment of those past members that appears to have occurred.

ex nihilo

Mar 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm enjoying the show, but the whole "seven must die" legend is a bit dramatic. AND, if Blankenship saw a body down in the pit in the '70s and that's really what it was/is, that's Number Seven right there. Legend satisfied; now on to the treasure...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's another interesting find. A body in a freshwater well is good for about four months even in cold conditions before the flesh just falls off the bone and your internal flora decomposes tissue and out gasses. And even if The Pit is full of saltwater it takes less than four to six months to skeletonize a body. That's a ground well and would be about 50°F at depth, unlike a deep lake that can be much colder.

Thus, the effect of water on decomposition did not support the longstanding generalization in the field, as the carcasses in freshwater decomposed much more quickly than the surface carcasses. In addition, the type of water differentially affected the rate of decomposition, as the carcasses in saltwater decomposed much more slowly than the carcasses placed in freshwater.

https://digital.library.txstate.edu/handle/10877/4078

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's another interesting find. A body in a freshwater well is good for about four months even in cold conditions before the flesh just falls off the bone and your internal flora decomposes tissue and out gasses. And even if The Pit is full of saltwater it takes less than four to six months to skeletonize a body. That's a ground well and would be about 50°F at depth, unlike a deep lake that can be much colder.

I think the body is imaginary. Like seeing a face on the moon.
most likely the boxes & wood could just be water Clouds in the dark
being interpreted by the minds eye also

Last edited:

Leila

Jan 12, 2014
Southern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The History Channel has showed the pictures from the bottom of 10X numerous times. I note they have to trace and outline around the things that Dan Blankenship says he saw. I can't make out anything from the images shown. It looks like rocks and sediment in the images. But that was a long time ago when Dan Blankenship made dives into 10X. I hope that with modern day technology, anything that's at the bottom of 10X will be easily seen in any new images taken by the dive team.

I'm anxious to see next week's season finale!! From the brief preview, we might get to see what's really at the bottom of 10X and the possibility of a cavern entrance is exciting. A cavern has long been a possibility that others have mentioned. But is anything in that cavern?

If Marty, Rick, and the rest of the team have discovered a treasure and something of significance, I would think that would be so newsworthy that we'd know about it by now. It would be making headlines. So, I'm not optimistic that the mystery of Oak Island has been solved.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give me a day. Bs they have already found some stuff. But don't show it you can bet on it.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Sir Francis Bacon had devised a method of mummification with “Mercury”

Mummification with Mercury and arsnic.jpg

The Italian mummies preserved in mercury for almost 200 years | Daily Mail Online

Sir Francis Bacon had experimented with preserving human parts, books and manuscripts with a process of Mercury, Sulfur, and Arsenic and entombed under water.

Mercury was found on Oak Island.

He had concluded that if properly prepared this process would preserve a body indefinitely.

His wish was to be buried in this manner.

My theory is that Bore Hole X is a burial site containing these items.

If this is correct then the parchment paper with "VI" could have possibly been his lost manuscript "King Henry VI" and the "Hand" that which wrote it, that of "Shakespeare".

Henry-VI-William-Shakespeare.jpg

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mercury is a biocide. (Like copper or arsenic).

But what Francis Bacon has to do with a Canadian island is a leap as far as the planet Mercury.

If the "lost" Shakespeare is anything like the found they didn't bury it deep enough. ;-) Some interesting plot twists, but WHY go to that trouble to bury plays and tragedies? (Unless it was a group of high school students).

He was a stage actor. The LAST thing he would want was to have his work hidden.

SpeedeeAu

Dec 31, 2014
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah the Shakespeare thing never made since to me either. Here go hide this in the deepest hole you can find it must never see the light of day. What is it? Romeo and Juliet II.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Say "What" Oh Charlie!

But what Francis Bacon has to do with a Canadian island is a leap as far as the planet Mercury.

If the "lost" Shakespeare is anything like the found they didn't bury it deep enough. ;-) Some interesting plot twists, but WHY go to that trouble to bury plays and tragedies? (Unless it was a group of high school students).

Shakespeare.jpg

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
What does Oak Island have to do with Sir Francis Bacon?

Yeah the Shakespeare thing never made since to me either. Here go hide this in the deepest hole you can find it must never see the light of day. What is it? Romeo and Juliet II.

Shakespeare's Newfoundland.jpg

It was given to him by King James I

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was Newfoundland, not Nova Scotia. :laughing7: Check your map. You're off about 600 miles!

"Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln.

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Sir Francis Bacon had experimented with preserving human parts, books and manuscripts with a process of Mercury, Sulfur, and Arsenic and entombed under water.

Under water? Why under water? I'd expect that immersion in water would leach out the very chemicals that were preserving the bodies. Were there experiments taking place with mercury/sulfur/arsenic/whatever in the water, or did you arbitrarily add the water? The Italian mummies were admittedly fascinating but I saw no mention of water. Are they stored in water?

Mercury was found on Oak Island.

Mercury is found in other places as well. It doesn't mean that a treasure is buried there, or that the mercury was not naturally occurring. More importantly, what compounds of mercury, sulfur, and arsenic were discovered? As all of these elements occur naturally in various compounds, were the compounds discovered found not to be naturally occurring?

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could do a seismic survey of the whole island to 200 feet and there would be a crowd who said: "you should have done it to 205 feet, because the treasure is there!"

Well c'mon, why don't you BELIEVE???

10X went to 230 foot depths...........try and beat that.........like a dead horse..........:icon_scratch::laughing7:

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Unless he wanted to live again......BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....and stand upon that 'Globe' as a King of Kings.

Well the stone translates to "Tesoro Alla Tiene Uno Hallado Nuevo Del Biblio" or the "Treasure There Has A New Discovery Of The Bible"

Therefore because Bacon is the person who was involved in the Editing and the Revision of the Bible under King James, he had instilled not just newer translations and parables in romantic form, but other hidden discoveries that we are obviously about to find sitting there...........

......Some Leagues Away.

Poussin was called to court in France......as was the best Italian Cartographer of the times.......and was sent with Samuel Champlain to the area in Nova Scotia to be hidden, for the "Special Mission For The King" that he went on in the late 1590's.....

The mystery is over......I have the location of the second area in Nova Scotia

And the final location of the New Kingdom and the New Temple in Vermont.......

My first interview with a regional reporter is tomorrow and I will update you on how it goes, so you dont think that I just hijacked this whole thread fpr the fun of it all..........LOL

Last edited:

n2mini

Jan 7, 2015
Triad NC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As usual it took all night ( show time wise ) to just get the divers in the water. Even if they are able to clear the blockage to the 27'' shaft I don't think they will fit into it with all that gear they have on.. Even for an experienced diver that will be nerve racking to be that tight going straight down.. Of course there is settlement at the bottom after being an open pit for 40 plus years.. They guy that went down in '93 never made it into the 27'' shaft before freaking out apparently.. If something happens they will be dead long before the rescue diver could get down to them as long as it took to just lower them in the shaft.. That was poor planning and they were supposed to have cleaned out the whole shaft to water level which they did not and it caused problems and will be bigger problems if a rescue is needed going down and back up in a hurry.. What I don't understand about the brothers is why they don't fully pursue each area as they come to it. They have been in the swamp a few times then leave it, pump water down an old shaft then never talk about it again, drill into what they think is the money pit and just pipe it off and walk away. They need to decide which theory they believe and go after it, which means digging somewhere some how.. Block the water, divert the water, whatever it takes but either find something or rule out that area and move on to the next.. Even if they have found the "money chest" will it fit up thru the 27'' shaft if not you still have to figure out how to block the water and pump it out and then dig it all down to it.. Finding a tool down there isn't going to mean anything regardless of how old it is, you still have to get a hole big enough down there to explore more and I just don't see them doing that..

New Gold

Nov 25, 2014
East Coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kids were taught Cartography at a very young age in medieval France.

Just kidding.

Eldo pass the ganja you've had enough.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions