Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eldo- do you really mean Nicholas Poussin, the French artist, born 1594, was sent on an expedition in the 1590s? Nicolas Poussin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Did I mistype something.......?

yes it was Poussin.........but it was not him who went on a " Secret Mission For The King ".....it was Champlain who wrote about being ordered by the king to embark on these journeys, and he wrote about them in his diaries and journals. It was quoted by one of his known associates at the time as well I believe, that he was talking about it but didnt make reference to any details.......it is in almost every diary and write up online that I have found....

That the King called a special meeting of Champlain, Poussin, and the best Italian Cartographer of the times is proven, and what they were commissioned to create was the mapped area of the exploration that Champlain was charting for the burial of these discoveries to be made.......in Nova Scotia.

Poussin's coded painting Shepards of Acadia is created as a 'Secret Map'.......and this fact has been studied for years, but remained undecipherable until now.......

View attachment 1103621

What they did is now more obvious....they set these troves here for the King to return, and to prove he was guided to this trove......to prove his worth.....

and you can take some of your own medicine New Gold........:censored:

cause I just got done with a face to face interview with a journalist and reporter for the local magazine here, with regional affiliates in NYC..........and they are dropping their jaws as we speak......LOL...

View attachment 1103622 View attachment 1103623

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"Do we answer the arguments of fools or will they become wise by their own device"

That was Newfoundland, not Nova Scotia. :laughing7: Check your map. You're off about 600 miles!

"Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln.

You are right that Sir Francis Bacon was issued a charter for Newfoundland in 1610 by King James I, through his involvement with the "London and Bristol Company"

He was also appointed charters for pretty much all of the Atlantic Coast by King James I under:

Plymouth Council.png
The Virginia Charter 1609
and
Petition for a Charter of New England by the Northern Company of Adventurers; March 3, 1619/20 (which includes Oak Island)
The Avalon Project

"First, that the territories where your petitioners make their plantation may be called, as by the prince his Highness it has been named, New England, that the bounds thereof may be settled from 40 to 45 degrees of northerly latitude and so from sea to sea through the main as the coast lies, and that your Majesty's council residing here in England for that plantation may consist of a president, vice president, treasurer, secretary, and other their associates, to be chosen out of the noblemen and knights adventurers home about London, and others the adventurers both knights, gentlemen, and merchants in the western countries; so as the said council do not exceed the number of forty, who, as one incorporate body, may as often as need requires be assembled when and where the president or vice president, with the treasurer and secretary, or any two of them, to be assisted with five or three others of the council, shall think most convenient for that service. Whereby your Majesty's most humble petitioners do verily hope, by God's holy assistance, to settle their plantation to the employing of many of your Majesty's subjects and the content of all that are well disposed to the prosperity of your Majesty's most happy reign."

It is also of interest that many of the names associated with Nova Scotia were names associated with Sir Francis Bacon

"It is to be noted that the original name of Oak Island was Gloucester Isle; the Duke of Gloucester was the first English patron of masonry. It is further to be noted that the Bay of Fundy, famed for the world’s highest tides, which bounds the Nova Scotian peninsula at its western extremity. was on the earliest maps called Bay Francoise. Further, that great tide races past “The Boar’s Head,” and past Digby, which stands sentinel at Nova Scotia’s western-most boundary. Digby was a close associate of Bacon’s having served as head of the Rosicrucian Society in England after Bacon’s premature “demise”.
A prefatory poem in Digby’s major work, Of Bodies and Souls, whis-pers of “the dawning of the Pig Plot”.
The easternmost boundary of Nova Scotia is Sydney for Sir Philip Sydney, another Bacon friend, whose celebrated work The Countess of Pembroke’s Arcadia gave Nova Scotia its name Acadia. (A rule of Bacon’s key word cipher is that a word or name may be changed by a single letter).
The easternmost and westemmost boundaries of Nova Scotia are further emphasized by Sable Island and Cape Sable. But the most indelible evidence of Bacon’s subtle plan for marking out the boundaries of his New Atlantis lies in the veiled use of the masque name Burton. Cape Breton lies at the eastern end of the Nova Scotia land mass. Breton is an archaic spell-ing for Burton: the block and tackle found hanging from the ancient oak testifies again; a block is, again in archaic terms, a Burton. In very old Masonic handbooks, a man is depicted being lowered into a pit by way of a Burton-block and tackle towards an ark or chest.
The Sable Cape, by the way, refers to the sable stole or cape worn by members of the noble Order of the Garter, in whose foundation and symbolism root connections with alchemy have been traced."

It was not until 1621 that King James I, then gave "Oak Island" to Scotland's Sir William Alexander

"In 1621, King James I granted William a royal charter appointing him mayor of a vast territory which was enlarged into a lordship and barony of Nova Scotia (New Scotland); the area now known as Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and part of the northern United States. The creation of Baronets of Nova Scotia was used to settle the plantation of the new province.

He was appointed Secretary for Scotland in 1626 and held that office for the rest of his life.

Lord Stirling’s efforts at colonisation were less successful, at least in monetary terms. He briefly established a Scottish settlement at Port Royal, Nova Scotia, led by his son William Alexander (the younger). However the effort cost him most of his fortune, and when the region—now Canada's three Maritime Provinces and the state of Maine—was returned to France in 1632, it was lost. He spent his later years with limited means, and died in London on 12 September 1640. However Alexander's settlement provided the basis for British claims to Nova Scotia and his baronets provided the Coat of arms of Nova Scotia and Flag of Nova Scotia which are still in use today."

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And we got here from my skepticism that there was a "mercury mummy" using Bacon's recipe and Shakespeare's lost works at the bottom of Bore Hole 10X . . . how?

This is the Crayfish Defense. Throw up enough mud and you can scoot away.

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
"All to Learn and Let Learn!"

And we got here from my skepticism that there was a "mercury mummy" using Bacon's recipe and Shakespeare's lost works at the bottom of Bore Hole 10X . . . how?

This is the Crayfish Defense. Throw up enough mud and you can scoot away.

Hi Charlie
Just trying to enforce the connection between "Oak Island" and "Sir Francis Bacon"!

As my founding father quoted:

Gene Roddenberry.jpg

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Sir Francis Bacon's procedure with using Mercury.

Under water? Why under water? I'd expect that immersion in water would leach out the very chemicals that were preserving the bodies. Were there experiments taking place with mercury/sulfur/arsenic/whatever in the water, or did you arbitrarily add the water? The Italian mummies were admittedly fascinating but I saw no mention of water. Are they stored in water?

Mercury is found in other places as well. It doesn't mean that a treasure is buried there, or that the mercury was not naturally occurring. More importantly, what compounds of mercury, sulfur, and arsenic were discovered? As all of these elements occur naturally in various compounds, were the compounds discovered found not to be naturally occurring?

Mercury.jpg
Sir Francis Bacon was obsessed with the preservation of his manuscripts from a lifetime expenditure creating them.

He feared that some people of his era would plagiarize his works and call it theirs.

He set about experimenting with how to hide and still preserve these manuscripts.

Bacon had seen some ancient manuscripts which were preserved in Mercury, Sulfur, Arsenic, and wrapped in palm leaves and coated with tar and finally placed under water.

He claimed that these books were as good as when centuries ago they had been buried.

He set about experimenting to find the right formula.

From my limited logic on this subject, there are a number of obstacles that need to be overcome in order to mummify or preserve a document.

Humans, animals, rodents, pestilences, fungus, oxidation, mold, rot, moisture, cold, heat, dryness, humidity, etc.

I believe his final recipe was that a document wrapped in burlap, coated with an insoluble Mercury, insoluble Sulfur, a dash of Arsenic, placed in a wooden chest, coated once again with Mercury, Sulfur, and a pinch of Arsenic, wrapped in burlap and finally coating all this in a layer of tar and then placing this chest under water in a cavern sealed by an impregnable door of a 170 foot shaft containing dirt, wood, metal, with booby traps of water and Hydrogen Cyanide Gas, would accomplish his immortal time capsule.

“In 1934, before he began excavating, Hedden met a young man who had been working on the island for a month with a churn drill. Baker, as he was known, had made several deep holes near the Money Pit and told Hedden he had had no luck. But he had run across one peculiar thing. Once when the drill was pulled up he noticed specks of a silvery substance mixed with the clay on the point. It was free mercury. (Mercury is almost never found in its metallic form in nature.)” Pen Leary, June 1953
"Mercury is used to purify gold from ore in a process called amalgamation. Miners and their families often inhale toxic mercury vapors through this process, and mercury can pollute homes and communities.[5] It can also contaminate the land and water where gold processing occurs."
In October 1779 the Royal Navy captured and sacked the Fortress San Fernando of Omoa, Honduras which became the Spanish’s Storage Facility for Silver shipments to Spain after Morro Castle, Cuba, was captured in 1762.
"The treasure found in the fort and on board two treasure ships was worth some two million dollars. Two hundred and fifty quintals of mercury were also found in the fort."

If Mercury was found at Fort San Fernando of Omoa would it not stand to reason that Mercury and Cyanide also were at Morro Castle, Cuba?

Mercury Vials were found on the island by Hedden.

The parchment paper "VI" contained Mercury on it.

Mercury was used for preserving wood.

Mercury can be found in elemental (liquid) form in nature, but this is not common.

Mercury does not react with water under normal conditions.

Mercury is made by roasting cinnabar in a furnace. The sulfide is oxidized to sulfur dioxide, leaving mercury behind.

Sulfur is insoluble in water.

Elemental sulfur does oxidize slowly to sulfurous acid, which in turn (through the action of sulfite) acts as a mild reducing and antibacterial agent.

Elemental sulfur is one of the oldest fungicides and pesticides.

Sulfur dioxide and various sulfites have been used for their antioxidant antibacterial preservative properties.

Last edited:

SpeedeeAu

Dec 31, 2014
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know History channel has you sign confidentiality agreements but it is really strange that not one single rumor has gotten of that island. You can't find one nugget of information anywhere.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know History channel has you sign confidentiality agreements but it is really strange that not one single rumor has gotten of that island. You can't find one nugget of information anywhere.

You still assume that there is something there.........

I have 2 other locations from the maps and carvings in the area....one in Nova Scotia, one in Vermont,

....Finder's Keepers has rights to another in Nova Scotia......

there is more to this than you claim to know, you are right.......but I will tell you that what they found on Oak Island was of a "relatively modern" nature, but still of historical value for preservation

they have a confidentiality clause with the museum until a term when they will open the display to the public I am betting......so something has been pulled up

but not the fabled Bacon/King James works.......which is located near the Swan of Avon......

View attachment 1104342

And its not the Champlain/Poussin/Richelieu 'combo trove' set in Vermont, with the Day of the Dupes/Five Fingers of Death Trap on Oak Island.....

View attachment 1104349

So what is on the Island??

Who knows......I'm going to the Swamp and I'm not looking for Leeches.....

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Eldo have you considered the margarita symbol may be a symbol of the moon for silver?

You still assume that there is something there.........

I have 2 other locations from the maps and carvings in the area....one in Nova Scotia, one in Vermont,

....Finder's Keepers has rights to another in Nova Scotia......

there is more to this than you claim to know, you are right.......but I will tell you that what they found on Oak Island was of a "relatively modern" nature, but still of historical value for preservation

they have a confidentiality clause with the museum until a term when they will open the display to the public I am betting......so something has been pulled up

but not the fabled Bacon/King James works.......which is located near the Swan of Avon......

View attachment 1104342

And its not the Champlain/Poussin/Richelieu 'combo trove' set in Vermont, with the Day of the Dupes/Five Fingers of Death Trap on Oak Island.....

View attachment 1104349

So what is on the Island??

Who knows......I'm going to the Swamp and I'm not looking for Leeches.....

Table of chemical characters.jpg

Waning Crescent Moon

Moon10-1125w.jpg

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should show up on the metal detectors if its silver then......

Whoo Hooo !

SpeedeeAu

Dec 31, 2014
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eldo, You say something was pulled up and sent to a museum of "relative modern" nature but then say you have no idea what it is. Just curious - with no knowledge of what was pulled up how can you be certain it is of "modern" nature. Also, are you definitely certain that something was sent to a museum. And what are some plausible finds that you would label "modern"? Just curious as to your thoughts.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you guys get a load of this....?

Supposedly the TreasureForce Guy is pushing the idea that he's found an underground passage 350 feet underground

BENEATH OAK ISLAND ?

His website is pushing the idea of the tunnel as the "Backdoor" of the Money Pit tunnel complex and he says there might be a geolithic tomb beneath the Island??

TreasureBusiness.org | Everything You NEED TO KNOW about History Hunting and Expeditions

You are now one with odds of 40,000 to 1 to possess this inside information about Oak Island and below you will read how you are really the one of “528,000 to 1” odds of knowing this information. New discoveries on Oak Island are rapidly emerging and the newest information released by History Channel is the footage and facts regarding ancient rock structures on Oak Island made from rocks NOT NATIVE to the surface of Oak Island but come from a nearby Island and 350 BELOW the surface of Oak Island.

Just send in 49.95 and we will mail you your very own Ark Of The Covenant.......

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eldo, You say something was pulled up and sent to a museum of "relative modern" nature but then say you have no idea what it is. Just curious - with no knowledge of what was pulled up how can you be certain it is of "modern" nature. Also, are you definitely certain that something was sent to a museum. And what are some plausible finds that you would label "modern"? Just curious as to your thoughts.

Why did you edit what I said...........??

I clearly said "Relatively Modern"..........you go off and make it sound like its a painting by Mondrian?? WTF

Was told through two sources, that actually dig for a living..........they said merely that whatever was pulled up required an Archaeologist to be present, and it was secured in an Atmosphere-Sensitive Container with controlled humidity as it was pulled from underwater and could easily deteriorate.

Something like 115 objects, I assume were inside a box in one of the tunnels, and they were from the 1800-1900 period, and definitely NOT Knights Templar of origin

I noticed one other poster here also read the article in a Canadian Online News Website.......

Sorry if I've followed the numerous posts and have read up on my history

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The real story is TOO EXPLOSIVE, too history changing and there are trillions of dollars in claims at stake over the revealing of the real truth. Maybe one day all the truth and findings will be told, but do not expect it to be told on TV, that is NOT what entertainment TV does.
The ONLY way for the real truth and information to come out is INDIVIDUAL CITIZENS take the step to learn the truth, then start sharing the truth with others and then ALL OF US TOGETHER fighting for truth and hopefully starting a REVLOUTION FOR TRUTH.

However THERE IS A HUGE COST, aside from the coming War over History.
On this bit of history in particular – as it relates to what was really discovered on and around the famous Oak Island – is going to cost ALL involved or engaged in learning and sharing the real true history.
What is that cost? You are going to LOSE FRIENDS and INFURIATE PEOPLE!
Truth has a price and the human condition is currently “knowledge is bliss” and when you start awakening people, opening their eyes to what has been hidden from them there are going to be those you piss off and they will turn on you in a heartbeat. They will try to call you out, attack your credibility and will call you the vilest of names. Some of the people will be your friends; some may be as close as your family. People you considered friends WILL start falling by the wayside and cutting you off.
Now you know why the name of this story is “How to Lose Friends and Infuriate People”, simply because ignorance is bliss and if you JOIN THE FIGHT FOR TRUTH and take steps to learn the truth and then start evangelizing those truths, YOU WILL start upsetting people who do not want to know the truth or as the saying goes “Cannot Handle The Truth!”

This guy needs a Kids Show on the Disney Channel on how to explore the Truth.......LOL

'You can't handle the truth' he says.......Trillions in Claims

I dont think he knows how many zero's are in a trillion......

View attachment 1104564

Last edited:

SpeedeeAu

Dec 31, 2014
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why did you edit what I said...........??

I clearly said "Relatively Modern"..........you go off and make it sound like its a painting by Mondrian?? WTF

Was told through two sources, that actually dig for a living..........they said merely that whatever was pulled up required an Archaeologist to be present, and it was secured in an Atmosphere-Sensitive Container with controlled humidity as it was pulled from underwater and could easily deteriorate.

Something like 115 objects, I assume were inside a box in one of the tunnels, and they were from the 1800-1900 period, and definitely NOT Knights Templar of origin

I noticed one other poster here also read the article in a Canadian Online News Website.......

Sorry if I've followed the numerous posts and have read up on my history

What is your problem? Man I simply asked a question and until this post valued what you had to say. Maybe you spend too much time fighting others but I can assure you I wasn't trying to twist your words or change what you said. I had a sincere question. If you took that as an attack maybe you need to take a breath or two before reading anymore post. Geeze. I am knew to this board and just looking for answers from people that appear to know a lot more than I do about all of this.

This board is way too full of people who feel they have to prove they are smarter than the next person.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speedeeay, Eldo is unable to reply for a week or so for violating our rules......

Welcome to TreasureNet, don't let one or two members posts scare you off.....

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

Last edited:

SpeedeeAu

Dec 31, 2014
Tennessee
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't find any article claiming a museum or part of the canadian government took anything off of Oak Island. Is this simply hearsay or conjecture or is there any type of article out there claiming this?

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Can't find any article claiming a museum or part of the canadian government took anything off of Oak Island. Is this simply hearsay or conjecture or is there any type of article out there claiming this?

The good news is the Lagina brothers have located over 100 antique artifacts
The bad news is that it is going to get a whole lot more expensive to search the island.

From the Herald News source

"Oak Island treasure hunt requires archeologist, Ince says"

"The province has told two Americans whose treasure hunting on Oak Island is the basis of a reality television series to hire an independent archeologist because of items they have handed over to the Nova Scotia Museum.

Chester-St. Margaret’s MLA Denise Peterson-Rafuse says this shows that legislation to protect artifacts on the island isn’t strong enough and an archeologist should already be on site.

Tony Ince, minister of communities, culture and heritage, has written a letter to Rick Lagina and Craig Tester acknowledging the Nova Scotia Museum has received items they uncovered during efforts to solve the mystery of Oak Island.

Their exploits are the subject of the History Channel television series The Curse of Oak Island.

Museum staff have determined the items, kept in a climate-controlled collections storage site, are “a mix of relatively recent and historical items,” and typical of those found at historic archeology sites in Nova Scotia.

Ince advised the men to hire an archeologist to monitor their activity on the site, which is permitted through the Special Places Protection Act and the Oak Island Treasure Act.

“Our assessment is that there are enough items of archeological and historic interest being unearthed to warrant an archeologist being present and monitoring all further treasure hunting work that you may be undertaking on the island,” Ince wrote.

Department spokesman Glenn Friel said all artifacts in Nova Scotia must be turned over to the Nova Scotia Museum. To date, 84 have been submitted from Oak Island and an additional 25 are in conservation treatment under the direction of a conservator.

Peterson-Rafuse introduced a bill in April that she said would ensure greater protection of any artifacts found on the island. It was not dealt with in the spring setting so she is reintroducing the bill Oct. 15.

She said Ince “recognizes the importance of historical and archeological artifacts on the island and this potential legislation would protect that,” so she hopes the government will support her bill.

She is proposing that treasure hunting permits on the island fall under a new heritage research permit. The holder would have two years to conduct exploration, during which time the province would have the right to appoint an archeologist at the permit holder’s expense.

“We need accountability and we need an on-site archeologist appointed by the province and for the treasure hunters to cover the cost,” she said.

With no on-site monitoring to date, “We really don’t know what left that island.”

Archeological consultant Wynand Baerken of Chester Marine Services said he supports the proposed legislation, particularly in light of new evidence and mounting theories concerning the secrets of Oak Island.

He said a decade of research by Norwegian researcher and documentary-maker Petter Amundsen shows Shakespeare’s works have “clear links to the island” and that the Knights Templar treasures could be buried there.

Friel said the province is committed to protecting artifacts found in Nova Scotia and the three holders of treasure hunting licences on Oak Island have been informed of their responsibilities."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread