cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a Money pit , is a money pit.
Even when the money comes from speculators, viewers & advertisers :laughing7:
It's a money pit alright....but the money is going INTO the pit, not coming out of it. If they continue to make this a supernatural "the island wants to claim another life" type of show, they've lost me. I don't believe in any of that nonsense for a second. Many people are killed in accidents of all sorts. That doesn't mean the site came to life and became sentient. People have, and will continue to die on Oak Island and other places because they're careless, not from some sort of evil bent on killing them.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
They have already found the treasure. It's in the form of a paycheck from the History channel. I realize that they supposedly bought the island but that's not money wasted. It can always be resold to the next dreamer. But.. I have read that the normal pay for "reality show" stars no matter if it's one like this or storage auctions, or pawn shop shows, is around 25k per person, per episode. Not a bad payday. I think I'll give the History channel a call and see if they want to do a series on digging Mason jar lids on old farms...

Last edited:

ibjeepn

May 27, 2012
Butler, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic Whites Classic II
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't see them putting that amount of work into burying anything :dontknow:
the only thing I can think of with those depth that are man made are Mines.

& get rich scams like "Money pits" of course :laughing7:

I agree Jeff. Spending much time at sea. Just how fast and eager would they be to dig a hole like that ? There would have to be an encampment nearby or even a burial area. You would think there would be artifacts around the immediate area. Has anything like that been found ? Who in the right mind would bury their treasure 19 miles from their castle without a guard post or something ? Gotta be something in the area. Maybe I should read up on it..lol

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
may be nothing down there,looks man made,no really sure how old it is but one thing is for sure the sea is rising..

Current sea-level rise is about 3 mm/year worldwide. According to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), "this is a significantly larger rate than the sea-level rise averaged over the last several thousand years", and the rate may be increasing.[2] This rise in sea levels around the world potentially affects human populations (e.g., those living in coastal regions and on islands)[3] and the natural environment (e.g., marine ecosystems).[4] Between 1870 and 2004, global average sea levels rose 195 mm (7.7 in), 1.46 mm (0.057 in) per year.[5] From 1950 to 2009, measurements show an average annual rise in sea level of 1.7 ± 0.3 mm per year, with satellite data showing a rise of 3.3 ± 0.4 mm per year from 1993 to 2009,[6] a faster rate of increase than previously estimated.[7] It is unclear whether the increased rate reflects an increase in the underlying long-term trend.[
Off topic.. 10 yard penalty... We do have a couple of ongoing global warming threads you might be interested in though.

slowwevo

Jan 1, 2014
The Sunshine State/The Golden State
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Off topic.. 10 yard penalty... We do have a couple of ongoing global warming threads you might be interested in though.

I do not see how you missed my reference,and the fact that the shaft now has seawater in it,but in any case I will remove my post for being off topic...side note,i think they call it "climate change" now

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sloev, I for one think that your post was obliquely on topic. How much has the sea level risen since supposely whateer it was was BURIED,,,,,, How long brfotr the sea level reaches the level of the pits?

Jose

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Global warming or "climate change...:rolleyes::banghead:

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diesel: coffee?? despite anti posts it IS a fact that the sea levels have changed. I am NOT an advocate of 'man' changing the Earth's basic climate, on the contrary, I firmly believe that it is simply Nature changing the Rotational factor of the earth, something far beyond mans efforts to do.

IE polar axis wobble causing an increasing arc resulting in major changes, Do you deny that levels of the ocean have changed over the centuries?
, it could have a profound effect on the Oak Island salvage as slowwevo was leading up to.

Don Jose de La Mancha

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well temps and sea levels do change...When the Vikings were there and called it Greenland, I don't believe they weren't being sarcastic or did it to make it sound better...I believe it was actually green.

ex nihilo

Mar 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I wish they would focus, too. Kind of jumping around. That wooden "tusk" sticking up from the water -- what became of that?

I will say, however, that in 25+ years of investigating written stuff on the Money Pit, this is the first I've heard of Bobby Restall's notebooks. I know it was contrived to bring Lee Lamb on the show for the "presentation" of the journals her brother kept, but if there is any new insight into the pit, those are the most likely sources.

I hope they don't become another prop like that wooden "tusk" in the water that goes nowhere.

Odd, too, that they would mess with a swamp knowing full well that poisonous gasses were present. Back during the Restall tragedy, they did not know -- now we do.

...and if Dan Blankenship did see a hand at the bottom of the pit in the '70s, then maybe there is a skeleton with it, and that makes the 7th death for the Money Pit.

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would have liked to hear more about the tusk/wooden pole. The guys that had been there for 20+ years had never seen it. It seemed to appear after they started pumping air down there, I wonder if that could have pushed that up all the way over at the cove.

Next week looks interesting, they are playing with metal detectors at least!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Diesel: coffee?? despite anti posts it IS a fact that the sea levels have changed. I am NOT an advocate of 'man' changing the Earth's basic climate, on the contrary, I firmly believe that it is simply Nature changing the Rotational factor of the earth, something far beyond mans efforts to do.

IE polar axis wobble causing an increasing arc resulting in major changes, Do you deny that levels of the ocean have changed over the centuries?
, it could have a profound effect on the Oak Island salvage as slowwevo was leading up to.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Posting on my phone I clicked on the roll eyes icon as well as the bang head icon. I assume from your post the coffee icon appeared??
Anyways I think we both agree man has nothing to do with changing sea levels. I just had to throw that out there.:beer:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Global warming or "climate change...:rolleyes::banghead:

Back in the '70's it was global cooling, then when that didn't last, it became global warming, when that didn't turn out to be true, it became climate change. They'll say anything to further their political agenda and keep the gravy train on track. There's lots of money to be made as a "Chicken Little".

Dave Rishar

Silver Member
Mar 6, 2008
WA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, XP Deus, Vallon Gizmo
Well temps and sea levels do change...When the Vikings were there and called it Greenland, I don't believe they weren't being sarcastic or did it to make it sound better...I believe it was actually green.

As the story goes, Erik the Red came up with the name after his return to Iceland. It's thought that this was a marketing attempt to lure colonists to his holdings there. To be fair to him, this was during the Medieval Warm Period, so it would have looked very different than it does today. The lands that they settled on were said to be forested at the time, and archealogical evidence supports this claim. So you're right - it was green, and was probably a rather nice place to live until the Little Ice Age started and the Inuits got rowdy.

That does bring up an interesting point about the Viking/Templar/Viking-Templar theory...the sagas state that when Erik went back to Greenland with the first wave of colonists, only 14 of the 25 ships made it safely. The sagas don't always get it right, but there's almost always an element of truth to each particular story and in some cases they're very accurate. (It's possible that they're accurate in a lot of other cases as well, but we have no way to prove this.) Where I'm going with this is that this voyage was not a sure thing - it was quite possible for a given ship to be blown off course or simply destroyed. It would have been an awfully big gamble to ship something valuable to Greenland, never mind beyond.

And what would happen when they finally got there? The Norsemen helpfully wrote about their experiences in the New World. Read about the term "skraeling," and what the explorers thought of them and the New World in general.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Back in the '70's it was global cooling, then when that didn't last, it became global warming, when that didn't turn out to be true, it became climate change. They'll say anything to further their political agenda and keep the gravy train on track. There's lots of money to be made as a "Chicken Little".

That's what I was taught in school global cooling! Instead of teaching this cap they should teach the kids some critical thinking skills, but wait that won't further the agenda.
I think I will just go start my diesel and let it idle all night long as my way of saying stick it!:D

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Its just an excuse to have the tax payers spend more money on stupid stuff

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I was taught in school global cooling! Instead of teaching this cap they should teach the kids some critical thinking skills, but wait that won't further the agenda.
I think I will just go start my diesel and let it idle all night long as my way of saying stick it!:D

Lol every time I start my jeep a panda in Asia dies

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Its just an excuse to have the tax payers spend more money on stupid stuff

More importantly it's a way for the government and the U.N. to control everyone as well as to redistribute the wealth...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions