Hollow coins

phillips24

Aug 28, 2008
Illinois
I haven't found one of these myself but I have read on some threads that some of you have found them in your halves. The popular consensus is that they are Magic coins. Well I was surfing the net today and coinupdate.com linked to this:

http://gizmodo.com/5066992/hollow-spy-coins-are-perfect-metaphor-of-current-economy

Thought it was very interesting, especially that these could still be in use for espionage! WOW!

Neat way to store small stuff inconspicuously. The options are endless! Or we could screw with someone with our dumps, dime in a penny in a nickel in a quarter in a half? like those wooden dolls.

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

XX

Jan 11, 2008
Last year, the US Department of Defense cautioned its American contractors about hollow Canadian coins containing radio transmitters.

That makes no sense whatsoever. A hollow coin would make a perfect Gausian Sphere.

Oct 2, 2008
HamburgAR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 Old Folks Knowledge
Never seen one of those before. If anybody ever comes across one and wants to trade it for a silver (half dollar) pm me.
I've always been into that kind of stuff.
Have a nice day.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THere is a magic shop in my town, I bet they would have some, I might just take a trip and see. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread