Holy crap it is cold outside... And I am in Florida... sheesh. How cold are you ?

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My furnace hasn't shut off for weeks. Glad oils cheap right now. I've gotta go to a wharf this morning to look at a job. Should be a real good time. Hang in there BC. I feel your pain

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe that was feels like ? hmmm news ?

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahab what is your current temp ?

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe that was feels like ? hmmm news ?

We've only got a -18 wind chill this am. It's around -40 wind chill in spots

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
I just don't understand it. I've got a good idea on weather. If this is arctic air, and barrow is in the arctic circle, shouldn't it be colder that much further north ? I'm at -19 and barrow at -11 and Maine at omg -36! Its bass ackwards. But 140 years of human record keeping really ain't squat in the larger, long term scheme of things I guess.

Mike

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe if you look at historical cycles we likely would be in an ice age. I hope global warming can win this battle lol

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
-32C with wind chills close to -40C/F not even close to being nice, simply bad written all over this report.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Compared to your -36, I feel warm with -3 and a 20mph breeze, what's that feels like -17 or something?

My son knocked some of the snow off the roof last night and it compacted the large snow drift at the back of the house, so we can see the house agin! Yeah!!! .....more snow coming tomorrow and Sun. Boooo!!!

Frost bite is no joke in this cold so go out wrapped like a mummy, what ever it takes, stay warm!

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 1 t-shirt, 1 long sleeve shirt, and a sweatshirt on... but still wearing shorts... heh

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Blue jean shorts and tee-shirt at the moment, driving with top down again too. Had to take wife to dentist this morning...

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hate you Treasure Hunter,lol. It's snowing here and ice pellets too. Just last week I was in the Carribean so this weather especially hurts.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Blue jean shorts and tee-shirt at the moment, driving with top down again too. Had to take wife to dentist this morning...

You could do that here just as well. Heck it's up to a couple degrees already. Any tooth cavity will be readily apparent with a couple mouth breaths to saving on diagnosis time. Heck, swing by...:laughing7:

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one more month of this,,,,

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah 14 degrees and snowing here in s.w. Va.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here I sit in Middle TN. We hardly ever get snow and when we do it's gone within a few hours. So we were predicted to get 4-8" in our area. No big deal I'm from MI. and grew up driving on snow. Well I wake up this morning and it's raining out with the temp at 25 degrees. NOT GOOD!!!! 2 hours later it's still raining here and the ice is building up fast. Mr. know it all here (me) thinks driving down the driveway (down being key word) would be ok because I'm just going to my woodshop 250 yds. away. So I start down driveway and really wanted to change my mind quickly. I took my foot off brake to make a left... again still going down the ridge now toward my woodshop. This part of ridge is the slow sloping part and I'M PICKING UP SPEED while tapping brake. Right by woodshop we slowly go. Another 200 yds. to 1st hairpin turn or it's 300' down to ridge bottom. I steered car over to the very right edge of road looking at the tree tops to my right from ridge bottom. The road grader had a 6-8" pile of chert / dirt left from their last pass through. My front tire hit it and kind of "dug in" to slowly stop slide after 20 yds. I've been here to long!!!!

Guess I'll have to wait a few days for the warmer weather to move car. There has to be something wrong with me even thinking of heading to MI. next Sunday.

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Folks; Boston hit -27F this morning with the Wind Chill. That's INSTANT FROSTBITE Weather. The Wind is howling at 45 - 60mph here in Boston. We get our Wind here straight off of the Atlantic Ocean. There are no barriers to stop it either. The trash is literally PILED up at EVERYONES houses and businesses. This is nuts. Folks, dress for the Wind Chill Temps NOT the Air Temps ok. That way you know you will be safe to some degree ok.
PEACE:RONB :dontknow:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I tried to get my car off this ice covered dirt road late this afternoon. It went from bad to worse. I called 2 wrecker services and they both laughed and said "NOBODY IS GOING UP OR DOWN THAT RIDGE FOR DAYS". Not what I wanted to hear. They said wait till Sat. or Sunday and you can drive off then. Yea... maybe. The high for Sat. is 50 but when this ground freezes it doesn't thaw in a few hours. I need a set of new tires and be ready to leave for MI. by Sunday morning early.... stay tuned. This is the second time in 21 years I've been stuck here because of ice. Last time was 4 years before I got off the ridge. 7/10's of a mile is all I need to get to....!!!!! :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread