All Treasure Hunting
ha, very cool, good photo

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Ta Da............I bet that root sense the pulltab metallic property. :headbang:

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
I would have covered it back up for the next metal detectorist to find. ;D ;D ;D

Ray

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is really neat. I did some detecting last year and I tell you, it's a good thing they have those new type pull tabs on cans today because there are a lot of those tabs laying all over this planet. They are everywhere >:(

pointdlr

Sep 30, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Over the winter, I found a silver ring with a turqoise stone. I saw it in the hole and tried to pull it out. It would budge. It took me a minute to figure out that a root grew through the center of it much like yours. Sorry Mr. Root, but I cut you in half....
Regards,
Jon Dickinson.

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously, why is it that there is soooooooo many pull tabs EVERYWHERE! One day there will be more pull tabs in the ground than actual grass. :icon_scratch: Good photos! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
cooltone23

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Ray,

I did cover it up. figure it would be a good find for some one in the future, I know I did. It's still there about 4" in the dirt... about a foot and a half to one side was the old orange soda can that probably it was attached to.

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Feel sorry for our future detectionist a 100 years from now. Then again... by then, we maybe able to disc gold from pulltabs. :icon_pirat:

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Think about it. Someone opens a cold beverage and the tab comes off. What do you think most people did with them? Threw them on the ground. I occasionally put them inside the can back in the day. Never swallowed one. Whoever dreamed up the idea of the modern ones did a good job. Just think if they still used the old ones today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread