Holy pop-top tabs Batman!!!

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
I know we find many of tabs while out on the hunt, but how many do we find like these in the pics below. I though it was pretty cool. Found it the other weekend while hunting near my house. If ya'll have any similar or wierd tab pics, I'd like to se them. Enjoy!!!

Attachments

• 333.JPG
    333.JPG
    144.8 KB · Views: 631
  • 4444.JPG
    4444.JPG
    190.6 KB · Views: 632
Upvote 0

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ha, very cool, good photo

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Ta Da............I bet that root sense the pulltab metallic property. :headbang:

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
I would have covered it back up for the next metal detectorist to find. ;D ;D ;D

Ray

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is really neat. I did some detecting last year and I tell you, it's a good thing they have those new type pull tabs on cans today because there are a lot of those tabs laying all over this planet. They are everywhere >:(

pointdlr

Sep 30, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Over the winter, I found a silver ring with a turqoise stone. I saw it in the hole and tried to pull it out. It would budge. It took me a minute to figure out that a root grew through the center of it much like yours. Sorry Mr. Root, but I cut you in half....
Regards,
Jon Dickinson.

Lookn4Seated

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2008
Detector(s) used
Deep Silver Seeker 3000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seriously, why is it that there is soooooooo many pull tabs EVERYWHERE! One day there will be more pull tabs in the ground than actual grass. :icon_scratch: Good photos! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
cooltone23

cooltone23

Oct 24, 2007
Humble, Tx
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter IV
Ray,

I did cover it up. figure it would be a good find for some one in the future, I know I did. It's still there about 4" in the dirt... about a foot and a half to one side was the old orange soda can that probably it was attached to.

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Feel sorry for our future detectionist a 100 years from now. Then again... by then, we maybe able to disc gold from pulltabs. :icon_pirat:

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Think about it. Someone opens a cold beverage and the tab comes off. What do you think most people did with them? Threw them on the ground. I occasionally put them inside the can back in the day. Never swallowed one. Whoever dreamed up the idea of the modern ones did a good job. Just think if they still used the old ones today.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread