Home owners insurance coverage - a bit off topic.... but....

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a rider on my policy for my own personal jewelry. I haven't figured out if I need to up now. However, that said, I have to have up to date appraisals for my jewelry. Most of my stuff was bought from the same jewelry store, so they automatically update it every 5 years.

Now I am wondering what to do, since this isn't really a business, just side money. However, if it goes by what I paid for some of this stuff, I would lose so much money. Any suggestions?

You're in the same position as me, but I don't see how it can be insured if it's changing. I know just in a matter of a month what I have on hand and what goes, can drastically change so there wouldn't even be a point in writing it down.

As for the jewelry, you mean they update to devalue it? Fun!

I just hope if someone ever ends up in my place they're dumb enough to steal my tv and leave the small stuff behind. But if they grab all the electronics too even that adds up to a pile of cash. I don't think most people really think about the replacement cost of this stuff, because they don't ever think it will happen to them. I live in a small place with not too many used stores, so I'd be on quite a mission if I ever got ripped off.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talk to your insurance company, I have pictures of all mine plus their cost new stored in the cloud.

I have complete list plus pictures of my artifacts plus a list of my numbered limited edition Indian artwork prints. I have copies of several Bev Doolittle and other artists plus mid 1800s Fredrick Remington and TH Nast artwork from Harpers Weekly.. All are insured..

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Talk to your insurance company, I have pictures of all mine plus their cost new stored in the cloud.

I have complete list plus pictures of my artifacts plus a list of my numbered limited edition Indian artwork prints. I have copies of several Bev Doolittle and other artists plus mid 1800s Fredrick Remington and TH Nast artwork from Harpers Weekly.. All are insured..

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

TH, did you ever watch King of the Hill?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH, did you ever watch King of the Hill?

Yes I have, not sure how it relates but I have watched it just don't watch it regularly...

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the time the deductible is more than filing for a loss. That is were they fool you after making years of payments. Don't pay for the add on's as that is where they make the money. The only insurance is you will die and that the government will take the rest....in peace. Go to washington on May 16th to correct this problem!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions