Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have attended some history and round table discussions but never joined a club though they have several in this area. The members I have met were nice and it did remind me of my Bass club.
I am sure some are better than others and for a new hunter it could be a place to learn.

treadhead

Jul 8, 2013
Salem, OR
Detector(s) used
Ace 150, AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Vibra-Probe 580 and 730.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know all people are different....and all clubs are different....as mentioned before, i have been in clubs, and never had these issues...But this is more of a competitive "sport"...and unlike fishing, were fish will reproduce....Silver coins and relics dont, So with that said. I wouldnt say DONT join any club...Just know what you are going into...Im sure there are a few "like myself" that really do like helping people out, and dont think about the fact they might find something and I dont....But for the most part, the impression I got was a bunch of greedy men that liked bragging about themselves.

That's too bad. :sadsmiley:

"Maybe" it's an age "thing" though (?) I have a buddy I work with who's 15yr kiddo just got into modeling. I've handed over a couple
of hundred bucks in old, un-built kits to him (None of My coveted Monogram "WHITE-BOX" kits...lol) just because kids don't seem to
do that sort of stuff anymore (Building models was pretty-much a staple of MY childhood). I've been happy to encourage Him to
continue the hobby 8-)

Eh....just maybe the older folks will feel like passing a few lessons learned along for you and I in the right clubs(?)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread