Horse shoe pits

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho
I hunted a horse shoe pit about two weeks ago. I found about a buck in clad underneath the trees next to the pits. Great suggestion though -- think I will have to go back a hunt a little closer. Thanks!! :D

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
I used to have a couple of those we made at my house a long time ago, all i found near em was pulltabs and beer cans :D

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I had a lot of luck in a set of old horseshoe pits near my old house. I didn't come up with any jewelry, but found a whole slew of 50's and 60's silver along the sides where the spectators sat. Happy Hunting!

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
I've hunted the pits in three local parks. Just beer bottle caps & pull tabs. I am sure that there has to be something good around there though. Two of the three I hunted are only a few years old but one is in an older park. I am not too sure just how old the pits there are though. Good luck!
Spotz

OP
OP
Visionquest

Visionquest

Aug 2, 2005
Thanks for the comments! I am like everyone else always looking for another good spot and the reasons behind why it could be productive. The comment from my sister made sense so it is yet another spot to check in all future outings.

-Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread