Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DRY in Alabama this week. :-X Our soil is now a nice fine powdery substance with some rocks mixed in. :-\ If the wind blows, then ya hope to be on the back side, or get an eyefull of dust. But..it could be worse...could be I didn't go at all. ;) At the end of last week I went up to the blue barn and found a tax token and a baby spoon. After a couple of hours I went to the button site and the only silver for the week came when I found a silver spoon. Ended up with a dog tag from 1938, the ribbon holder thing and other miscellaneous stuff.
100_7920.jpg

Tuesday we went to the springs site and doodled around most of the day. The place is like a jungle! :-X Lots of rose bushes growing there, so it's a giveaway as to where old structures use to be...but not a chance of getting to them right now.
100_7941.jpg

There were a few places that we could get through, but not much found over there except a snake on a beech tree a can opener and a buckle. Went back to the 'hunted out' site yesterday. Got a little silverplated necklace piece, another buckle, a lock and bullets. ;) After spending the day there, we decided to go and check out another site just down the road from there. We had been to this site a couple of months or so ago and saw where the power folks were replacing poles in the woods. They had made a path about the size of a driveway right beside an old foundation, but it was so muddy, even standing up was difficult. Well...yesterday, we didn't have that problem! :D I found a little area that had a few coins for me and it made my day. I never know for sure what I have found till I get home, but I did manage to see the back of an Injun on one of them. ;D Ended up with two! 1899 and 1904 and three wheats...1918, 1919 and 1941. Also found a round piece of glass that has 'top seal' on it. I suppose it is liken to the white lids we find? Had a fun week and wish someone would come and cut allllll the weeds so we could get to those old foundations! 8) :D

100_7945.jpg

100_7946.jpg

Nana :)

Upvote 0

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Sweet stuff Nana! Those IH's look awesome. ;D ;D

I know what you mean about the heat and growth. I went to one of my favorite local "woods" spots and a lot of the area is too overgrown. Plus I was sweating after an hour of hunting. :D Thank the Lord the mosquitoes were not out yet.

Bob

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Wow those are some great looking indians nana,you really know you are in the right spot when u start pulling them out. I think a couple of ladies as hard working and dedicated as you two wouldnt have any problem dragging along a gas weed wacker and a leaf rake. I have a mod on mine that has really heavy gauge nylon as opposed to the regular stuff. They make an extra head you put on the weed wacker less than ten bucks and Im here to tell ya they will really chop down some heavy weeds and probly go right through the rose bushes,you guys could do a promising looking area and rake it off in no time. Food for thought when you are trying to get into those rough spots,HH...Shoot

LuisTH

May 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX series with 9" coil and 18" coil.
Excellent indian heads. They are in very good condition, congrats on finds.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Definitely looks like a place worth getting dirty for. Congrats on some really nice finds!
If you try clearing out some of that area, you might see about saving a couple of the rose bushes and transplanting them. You may run across some heirloom rose varietys that people haven't seen in 50-60+ years.

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Nana,
Great job! Now that it's getting hot we need to adapt our hunting techniques. I have a few weekend beach trips planned. :D

Congratulations!

Ridley

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
Nana,

thanks for posting.

Those IH look good, nice finds.

Neat group of artifacts.

Thanks for the photos ;) ;D

have a good un......
SHERMANVILLE

My thoughts exactly! Great job. Keep posting those finds Nana. ALways a pleasure to view them!
HH
~Nash~

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Love it Nana....Got a long weekend to top that,Going back to the new farm tomorrow and try my hand at some more CW relic's...Congrat's on the IH's....HH and have a great holiday weekend!!!

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ya'll.. :)

Welcome Sherm. ;)

Texan.... here's a link explaining the tax token. ;)
http://users.pullman.com/fjstevens/tokens/taxinfo.html

Burdie...here's a pic of the buckle's...I couldn't find my measuring thingy, so I put the pen in for size comparison. :D
100_7985.jpg

Shoot....We do have one of those weed eaters with the saw thing on it, but it's sooo heavy and I had back surgery three months ago. :-\ You wanna come to Bama and cut some weeds for me? ;D Jes kiddin! ;) I tell ya what's really funny. Lisa and I have been talking about asking the yard man that keeps up some of the place there, to extend his hours and pay him extra to cut this stuff for us! :D Think he'll do it? ;)

Stoney..what a great idea! Thanks! ;)

Civil...I knew you would L O V E it! ;) Ya know Jimmy is saving up for his MXT. Has he told you about his plan yet? ;) Good luck this weekend. :)

I forgot the pic of my lock yesterday!
100_7951.jpg

Thanks again everybody and hope ya have a great weekend! Stay safe!

Nana :)

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Fine Finds

Some nice digs Nana. Good photos too.

Keep up the good work.

I think the services of the yard man is definitely the way to go.

All he can say is no. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

Happy Hunting.

Ray S

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent relics Nana! You know I am impressed by your success and how you seem to just get better and better. You have mastered your machine well. Tsgman

nealb

Jan 2, 2007
Omaha, NE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 and Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, Nana. Love the outdoors pictures.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions