Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DRY in Alabama this week. :-X Our soil is now a nice fine powdery substance with some rocks mixed in. :-\ If the wind blows, then ya hope to be on the back side, or get an eyefull of dust. But..it could be worse...could be I didn't go at all. ;) At the end of last week I went up to the blue barn and found a tax token and a baby spoon. After a couple of hours I went to the button site and the only silver for the week came when I found a silver spoon. Ended up with a dog tag from 1938, the ribbon holder thing and other miscellaneous stuff.
100_7920.jpg

Tuesday we went to the springs site and doodled around most of the day. The place is like a jungle! :-X Lots of rose bushes growing there, so it's a giveaway as to where old structures use to be...but not a chance of getting to them right now.
100_7941.jpg

There were a few places that we could get through, but not much found over there except a snake on a beech tree a can opener and a buckle. Went back to the 'hunted out' site yesterday. Got a little silverplated necklace piece, another buckle, a lock and bullets. ;) After spending the day there, we decided to go and check out another site just down the road from there. We had been to this site a couple of months or so ago and saw where the power folks were replacing poles in the woods. They had made a path about the size of a driveway right beside an old foundation, but it was so muddy, even standing up was difficult. Well...yesterday, we didn't have that problem! :D I found a little area that had a few coins for me and it made my day. I never know for sure what I have found till I get home, but I did manage to see the back of an Injun on one of them. ;D Ended up with two! 1899 and 1904 and three wheats...1918, 1919 and 1941. Also found a round piece of glass that has 'top seal' on it. I suppose it is liken to the white lids we find? Had a fun week and wish someone would come and cut allllll the weeds so we could get to those old foundations! 8) :D

100_7945.jpg

100_7946.jpg

Nana :)

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread