onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Teller warns me it could be a dinner and a show. anyway the halfs have fallen off sharply the girls always ask if I'm having any luck, lately it's been bad. so last week I cancel my weekly take and one of them hands me a roll of dimes And ohhhhhhh yes there's a lady on the end. Not only one the end but all 50!!! Now my problem is yes I have plenty pictures. no Idea how to load them here and How do I take a picture of both sides of the 16 Yeaaaaaaa :o :o it's got a D on it. Think hot dogs and a coke would satisfy her?

Upvote 0

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outstanding find! :headbang: :headbang:

To post pics you need to have the file/photo on your computer. Look below the "Message" box when replying and you will see "Add Images". Click "Browse", find your file and click open. Press the "Post" button.

Attachments

• reply with pics.JPG
    reply with pics.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 850
  • reply with pics.JPG
    reply with pics.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 849

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dinner and a show? Hope you are not married! If not, and she is your type, well, it would not hurt to have a teller in the family. :laughing9:

Apush :read2:

$ilver$urfer

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH MY DEAR LORD!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON THAT AMAZING SCORE PLEASE POST THOSE PICTURES!!! :hello2:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:

Syrys

Oct 2, 2010
WOW :o A solid roll of mercury dimes in the wild is a dream! and a 1916 D as well? Talk about a once in a lifetime find! Congratulations!!! :thumbsup:

Eagerly waiting for the pictures!

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would love to see a pic of the dime...... :hello2:

Congrats on a great find...

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope the 16d is real. When I found mine I was told with only 264,000 minted that at least 1,000,000 people had them in their collections. Only way to know for sure is to have it graded. Pics would help.
HH
enamel7

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
enamel7 said:
I hope the 16d is real. When I found mine I was told with only 264,000 minted that at least 1,000,000 people had them in their collections. Only way to know for sure is to have it graded. Pics would help.
HH
enamel7

Or to simply devote yourself to learning about them via mintmark locations, die markers, etc... I know of a fellow who purchased a slabbed 16-D, and sometime shortly after he purchased it from the dealer, the "D" fell off the coin.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
enamel7 said:
HH
enamel7

There are three real easy ways to at least start the verification on a 16D

1) Torch on the reverse is offset from the obverse by about 5 degrees, they are not placed on the dime with the obverse = reverse.
2) The obvious "D" Mint mark.
3) The olive branch will have a vine coming off above the "D" and actually appear to reach down and touch the top of the "D". To the naked eye it appears they touch, under a loupe they are seperated.

:happy1: :happy1:

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pics are comming waiting for my son to set mt brosser or something soon sorry guys.(and gals) I tried the directions sent me won't work

Ltrain

Sep 13, 2010
onfire said:
Pics are comming waiting for my son to set mt brosser or something soon sorry guys.(and gals) I tried the directions sent me won't work
If you want, you can email it to me (If you know how to attach to emails) and I'll host it for you.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ltrain said:
onfire said:
If you want, you can email it to me (If you know how to attach to emails) and I'll host it for you.

:happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread