How do you beat thes guys?

C

chrisjets

How do you beat thes guy's?

I just came back from my local park after about an hour of detecting, the grass was full of mosquito's. We went camping this year to Saratoga, when we got back I counted over 50 bites on me. Does anyone have a good solution on these bloodsuckers? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I found just over a buck in clad but was driven out( with about 5 or 10 bites) would have like to stayed but man they itch?

Upvote 0

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Re: How do you beat thes guy's?

NORTHEAST HUNTER said:
MAKE SHURE YOU USE BUG SPRAY

I'm sorry for the people that become seriously ill from mosquito bites. My mother won't go outside her own house after dark, and will run from one skeeter. I get bitten hundreds of times a day when I hunt the Everglades. It just doesn't bother me that much. I am not going to quit my favorite hobbies. It comes with the territory, and there is not much I can do about it. Just my opinion.
cypresshunter.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

In South Florida we also have encephalitis and west nile virus. Very serious. I don't know why it affects some and not others. It comes in cycles and is somehow transmitted by birds. That's all I can remember. cypresshunter.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Off Bug Spray, works great for me!

Keep @ it and HH!!

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola

got a question....i saw spray at the store the other day that said "DEET Free!" I thought deet kept bugs away didnt it? so why would they advertise it as being deet free ??? And whats with this wimpy scented bug spray! i mean if you are wearing bug spray chances are your going into the woods, so why smell nice?!? I think the scented ones just attract bugs :P

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

warsawdaddy said:
A lot of the fishermen around here use Avon's SSS (Triple S) lotion.
Avon smells nice but doesn't touch Everglades bugs. DEET 100% is the only spray or lotion that helps... But it is dangerous...Do not get it in your eyes... It will melt your plastic sunglasses, watch crystal, compass, or whatever, Someone oversprayed on my tinted truck window and guess what? It melted the tint...now I can't see out of it! It stinks...deer can smell it ...and I think it can cause cancer. I use only small amounts. I really think you guys should check out the ThermaCELL from Bass Pro Shop that I spoke of earlier. It has no bad side that I know of except cost.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

digemall.....LOL That stuff repels felas....(fellows?) Some of the girls on the forum might not like that! :D :D jimakaks

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Get a bug suit like hunters where. At least the top part with mesh gloves and head piece. They are for early season hunting when there are a lot of bugs. Use anthing with DEET. Cabelas, BassPro, Gander Mountain. I use one when fishing back country. It can really save the day when noticing else will do.

Ed Donovan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread