how do you find a cache with md

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Shortstack said:
As already pointed out by several folks here; first you find a cache; then you locate it. What the heck does that mean? Well, you find a cache by coming across a lead; research the lead; prove the lead; follow the lead; recover the target of the lead. 95% research; 5% field work. Visually speaking: :icon_study: :icon_scratch: :coffee2: ;D

Your first trips into an area will be without any detector. You'll need only your notes, clear eyes, and a good camera.

Good point.

Don't forget luck.
Most of the caches I have found of this nature were completely accidental.
they were uncovered while doing the normal day to day things that come along being a property owner.
things like putting in new water lines replacing fence posts

and of course Metal detecting the old chicken coop. LOL

Thom

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old Dog said:
Shortstack said:
As already pointed out by several folks here; first you find a cache; then you locate it. What the heck does that mean? Well, you find a cache by coming across a lead; research the lead; prove the lead; follow the lead; recover the target of the lead. 95% research; 5% field work. Visually speaking: :icon_study: :icon_scratch: :coffee2: ;D

Your first trips into an area will be without any detector. You'll need only your notes, clear eyes, and a good camera.

Good point.

Don't forget luck.
Most of the caches I have found of this nature were completely accidental.
they were uncovered while doing the normal day to day things that come along being a property owner.
things like putting in new water lines replacing fence posts

and of course Metal detecting the old chicken coop. LOL

Thom

;D ;D The best burglar alarms ever "invented" are chickens and Guinea Hens. ;D

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
Old Dog

I think you're a good and funny guy. Someday I would like to meet with you to cache hunt there in Colorado.Remember, some beer a side(I don't know if you drink), I pay first round.

Amona :D

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Amona said:
Old Dog

I think you're a good and funny guy. Someday I would like to meet with you to cache hunt there in Colorado.Remember, some beer a side(I don't know if you drink), I pay first round.

Amona :D

I look forward to it,
I have some good leads.
and a great grill, I'll bring the meat .

Nothing goes better with beer than a BBQ.
Even if you don't find what you went after.
you get a day you can treasure.

Thom

GrayCloud

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Explorer II & Garrett 2500 w/Treasure Hound
Wait just a minute you two. I'll stand elbow to elbow with anyone at the grill or smoker and I don't drink, so the beer is yaws. Have detectors will travel. :thumbsup:

Amona

Apr 11, 2005
Sardinera, Mona Island
Detector(s) used
GTI2500,Seahunter Mark II, Eagle eye two box
Wait just a minute you two. I'll stand elbow to elbow with anyone at the grill or smoker and I don't drink, so the beer is yaws. Have detectors will travel.

Ok!! for me, you're invited already when I fly to Colorado. I don't drink neither, I just drink Chile wine in the dinner, so let's cook!! Pork,Steak and Hot Dog,
I like it Medium-Red, don't forget it. :thumbsup: :coffee2:

Amona

Attachments

• 0071511732519_215X215.jpg
    0071511732519_215X215.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 611

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread