How Long Did It Take For Your Detector To Pay For Itself ?

Hey neighbor,I bought my machine and the thought did come up alot after spending so much.I can honestly say I have found about 3 quarters the price I paid whith just two summers of inexpierienced operation.However I have noticed the type of searching and age of stuff I look for(nowowadays), takes me out of the moneymaking areas such as parks and such.I bought my machine as a 5 year sobriety gift as well as something to do while staying sober.I can easily justify the cost and argue that the day I bought it ,it was payed off compared to God knows what I used to spent my money on when drinking (other than the drink). I often wonder about the price of gas though???

I detected for years in the late 70's and found a lot of silver. I doubt if I paid for any detector in money. The hobby is the reward. You can't put a price on friendship that can be gained through this hobby. Burdie

TORRERO
RELIC MAN while detecting i find them in parks.etc while wondering aorund......EYEBALL finds... ::) :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jeweler put a value of $300 to $400 on the engagement ring.
Ruby ring with 10 diamonds found 2 weeks later.
Worlds best detector. Paid for in 3 weeks. Garrett Ace 250
Easy-Does-It

Attachments

• 2-14k-Rings[1].jpg
    2-14k-Rings[1].jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 359
Thats a loaded question. I could pay for it in 1 day or it may take over ten years. My current one should be paid for in about 5 years. Unless you do contest or events you usually don,t pay for other sporting goods equipment; fishing, golf, hunting, tennis. If you calculate the good things I get when I go detecting, get outdoors and enjoy nature, talk to and see people I normally would not, get exercise(sometimes too much), learn about history through my finds. As they say on a certain credit card commercial these are priceless!

Ed Donovan

Screw the IRS, Govt and all the other crooked politicians who can not keep their hands out of your pockets, I have not paid for my gti-1500 yet but I guess it doesnt really matter I love it but dont have a whole lot of time for it. I now have a minelab explorer 2 on the way so I guess I would be way behind!! Oh well!! Good Luck!!

I got my first one and was $8 from paying for itself first year. But that was a late start in July right after a joint replacement. If i stayed home gal friend would of put me to work. Doctor said they never had anyone get back on their feet so fast. Wonder why? Second detector was an upgrade and cost $200, found the Dahlonega coin with that. Next upgrade was MXT found man's diamond solitare ring first month. Used that for my wedding ring. Mine have paid for themself without a doubt. If you figure gas money. Isn't that a small cost for the freedom to get out of the house for a break? Guess it depends on what you value the most, Moneyatary values or freedom. I lucked out and found both.

Well, I've bought 5 detectors total, two of which I still own.? They were/are all top of the line machines so the $ was substantial.? I've found some good stuff, but nowhere near enough to pay for the detectors.? Do I care...not even a little bit.? To me detecting is like mind-candy...it's better to be addicted to detecting than something harmful.? It's the only thing that can get me out of bed at 5:30AM on a Saturday and/or Sunday.? I keeps me dreaming...I think we're all dreamers.? The beauty of it is that sometimes dreams do come true with this hobby.? The repeated shock of seeing gold pop out of the ground always rids me of any doubt.? Experiencing nature and the comraderie becomes an additional, and finally, most important aspect of the hobby.

HH!
TBGO

Yeah, I am in the same boat as TBGO, I happen to happily own an Explorer2 and a XS, it is going to take a while to pay them both off but I don't care! ;D

Greatest hobby, one that keeps me interested and fulfilled.

HH

JW

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back