Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your not in it for the long haul then I would say get out. Silver Stacking is not an investment but a Security down the road when you need something. I just sold 10 rolls of 90% because I needed the money to pay a bill but I recieved more for what I paid.
If it goes down to $4.00 I'll still be buying.
JPMorgan are trying to get rid of their shorts hence the last four weeks of hitting the Market after a speech or a report of any kind and the Manipulation is so obvious. They are running scared as they should be as they will crash pretty shortly along with a few others.

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just copied this from another site I belong too. It may help.

It’s about time for me to write my piece on $15 silver and $500 gold, I think.
It seems quite some people get into the market not having the strength to withstand the volatility even though what drew them in was the logic behind the PM story and its validity in time of hyperinflation as a store of wealth.
When silver is $500-$1000 those who sold at $26 will be sorry because they will have nothing in the end after the crash…
It does not matter what happens with the world’s economy, like some are talking, (such as Faber), about commodities crashing with the slowdown in the global economy. When the wealth of the world rushes into gold and silver when there is nothing left it will not matter that PM wealth might have devalued 50-75% in the crash.
Fake wealth will stay down while real PM wealth will soar.

If silver is $15 at the bottom and $1000 at the top then that is 6,700% just based on today’s math.

But if there is the great deflation that I theorize, then what was $1000 goes to nothing so what becomes $1000 is actually many, many multiples of that $1000 as compared to those who have nothing.

That is multiplying 1000 times not just 67 times in respect to those who have nothing and the coming revaluation of the world wealth in terms of an asset backed trade system of currency (SDR).

So $15 silver ounce at the bottom is really $15,000 in terms of relative wealth, if my logic is correct.

Catch my drift?

OP
OP
O

okie jack

Apr 3, 2012
locust grove oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White dfx and xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a long term holder but i has thinking if it keeps falling witch im kinda on the fence about anyway would it not be better to sell and buy back at a lower number . I dont know like i said i have been watching the charts to much . I will probably just lock the safe up and throw away the key for a few years . If it goes below 25 I will probably double my investment because i have a hard time buying above the 30 dollar mark.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
I believe it is possible that the paper markets could push the price of silver lower, maybe to 20 at the lowest. But I doubt that someone would be able to find any physical at that price if the price drop to 20 happened quickly. Supposedly there are large bullion buyers with buy orders around the 26 (and thus probably lower as well) level. There have been some online commentaries that say how the big banks said to be shorting silver are using these dips to unwind their short positions on each big dip. I hope that is true, because that would mean that at some point their short positions would be gone or greatly reduced and the market could be free to rise.

I don't think we will ever see silver over 1000, let alone 500, as much as I would like to see that based on the fact that I am a silver/gold bug. I will be happy to see 100 silver and thrilled beyond belief to see 200. However, at some point the powers of the world would probably create new currencies if things got so bad that silver was up to 200 per ounce. While I do think it is highly possible that the euro and dollar will someday collapse, such an event would most likely be seen coming by the world governments and they would have new currencies ready to go on the sidelines, some possibly ready to be backed by something like gold or silver, etc. When/if such a new currency came out that was backed by something like gold or silver, it would quickly become the preferred currency of the world over all non backed fiat currencies. At that point, the mania phase of the PM bull market that would have presumably been in full run making silver 200 or 500, etc, would come to an end and it would be the time to get out of PMs and into something else.

Just my opinion.

Jim

Cappy Z

Jun 29, 2012
Atlantis
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The food crisis is right around the corner. I'd put all my money in food commodities.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
The food crisis is right around the corner. I'd put all my money in food commodities.

Not a bad idea to invest in food commodities, and this has been advocated by many wealthy, smart investors, like the famous Jimmy Rogers.

The only problem that I see, based on my trading outlook, is that you basically have to invest in paper products to do what you advocate. Whether it be futures, stocks, etc, it is not really possible to buy and store bushels of corn, wheat and soybeans for the average person. If someone could buy actual farmland and such, then that would probably be better than physical PMs, that is if they could properly maintain and afford to buy such land.

My fear is that at some point in the future due to possible collapses of financial markets, etc, paper instruments and trading vehicles could suffer some unforeseen calamity and folks might have a hard time collecting on their winning positions. I am not saying we will have a Mad Max scenario, but that said paper positions might take time and sorting out to finally collect on, whereas physical items in your possession are available to you at any given time. With a paper trading vehicle there is almost always something called counter-party risk--meaning it is possible one party involved in the transaction might not live up to their obligation.

We all have to accept said counter-party risk to some extent in our modern world, such as our FDIC insured bank accounts and such, but when it comes to TSHF investments, I still would prefer physical gold and silver over anything right now, other than the actual farm land itself which I could not afford nor maintain under my current living situation.

If I was very rich though, I would have no problems putting a portion of my investment dollars into paper commodity plays but would still keep the majority in physical PMs.

All just my opinion.

Jim

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with you Jim, my money is all in on PM's and I have a big tract of land which I own and live on but I am also constantly stocking up on food also and holding that food physically is hell off a lot better than a paper market which I do believe will collapse if things get worse and I think it will.

Cappy Z

Jun 29, 2012
Atlantis
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey...Have you seen the price of corn futures??? The price of food is going to skyrocket. Now is the time to invest in food!

mghcal

Greenie
Dec 26, 2008
Hey...Have you seen the price of corn futures??? The price of food is going to skyrocket. Now is the time to invest in food!

Up 5% on monday, looks like we'll all be getting hit pretty hard in the pocketbook next time we're grocery shopping. My nephew farms corn and was going to sell half his crop last week luckily we convinced him to hold off as the next 2 weeks will be crucial for the crop and it's not looking good. We've even tried to get him to cut some early for sileage so we can raise a couple cows but it might be too dry already. Wish I would've had some cash to throw into futures. But what this should do is increase inflation, thus it ought to be positive for silver. What does everyone else think?

Cappy Z

Jun 29, 2012
Atlantis
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Up 5% on monday, looks like we'll all be getting hit pretty hard in the pocketbook next time we're grocery shopping. My nephew farms corn and was going to sell half his crop last week luckily we convinced him to hold off as the next 2 weeks will be crucial for the crop and it's not looking good. We've even tried to get him to cut some early for sileage so we can raise a couple cows but it might be too dry already. Wish I would've had some cash to throw into futures. But what this should do is increase inflation, thus it ought to be positive for silver. What does everyone else think?

INVEST IN CORN FLAKES NOW!!

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008

The only problem it seems with playing futures is that based on somewhat recent occurrences, there is a chance (albeit slight) that your brokerage company is doing improper things and you could lose the money in your account and/or your futures position. There was first the MF Global deal, and now the Peregrine (PFG) deal unfolding.

From my limited understanding I believe that there is no guarantee to your funds or the integrity of your positions in the futures market if your brokerage company does something like MF or PFG, unlike bank accounts that at least have FDIC insurance.

Some online theories I have read (I don't believe them but they are interesting) is that these two brokerage company failures were done to prevent folks from obtaining delivery on PM futures because there isn't enough PMs out there to satisfy the longs wanting delivery. I love "conspiracy" type theories, but I don't believe this one because there many other brokerage companies out there a person could use to get delivery and they are still solvent and doing business. I guess we will have to see if in the future any more of these companies do what MF Global and now PFG have done to their clients.

In any event, even if I were rich I would be scared to play with futures. If I were going to play in paper markets, I would probably go with ETFs for short term trading and fun.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread