titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
I'm part and parcel with paratrooper. 23d Engineer company, 23d INF, 172nd Inf Bdge, Fort Richardson Alaska 72-75 63G

I was stationed at Ft Rich in 85 - 86 when I first got there it was 4Bn 327th Inf but when I left they went to 6th Bn one of the beautiful states I have ever lived in

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I think I was born at the right time. I enlisted in the Army in 57 and got my discharge 8 years later. Yea, I served in the peace hole between Korea and Vietnam. Frank...
AA harley WLA.jpg
The Harley that won the war, the WLA. Yea, that was before my time too.

FFARL

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm grateful to all those who've served, and who are serving. I've got an uncle who did two tours in Vietnam, and a brother who's a Navy lifer. Their stories were enough to keep me a civilian. ;)

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
321st SMW (SAC) Heavy Bombardment - Minuteman III ICBM - Nuke 'em til they Glow - AFSC (MOS) - 1825L

Wanna see inside a real can of Whoooop Ass? Look inside the Launch Tube of a Minuteman III Nuclear Missile!

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G.I.B. that isn't the Phillipines, it's in Yokosuka, Japan. My brother's ship and mine were in port on the same day so we partied that evening. I have also been to Olongapo many times and I know the river you speak of. Guys used to throw coins in the water for the little kids to dive for out of their dugout canoes. All that river did was act like a flowing septic tank. I would throw coins but I'd throw them into the dugouts so they didn't have to dive for them. One night my friends and I "adopted" a very young shoeshine boy. We took him bar hopping with us and bought him soft drinks and food. We also paid him more than he would have made if he had to shine shoes. Well, he didn't shine any shoes that night; he had a paid vacation. :) Hung out at the 7-11 in that town.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
davest.....my brother was a computer programmer at Fort Richardson, AK. He had a top secret clearance and took me into that guarded room with all the huge screens on the wall where we keep an eye on Russia. Of course they blacked out a bunch of stuff that I didn't have clearance to see. He also played on the softball team there. Had a mama moose and her calf run through the field during one of the games. People sure gave her ground because they have been known to kill folks that don't.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
davest.....my brother was a computer programmer at Fort Richardson, AK. He had a top secret clearance and took me into that guarded room with all the huge screens on the wall where we keep an eye on Russia. Of course they blacked out a bunch of stuff that I didn't have clearance to see. He also played on the softball team there. Had a mama moose and her calf run through the field during one of the games. People sure gave her ground because they have been known to kill folks that don't.

Nothing to mess with them moose!!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The beginnings of a nice little tally of all the vets in Tnet:laughing7:Almost ripe for picking by the NSA or DHS,most likely DHS:sign10:.After all DHS is the agency that declared "ALL" vets domesic terrorists.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The beginnings of a nice little tally of all the vets in Tnet:laughing7:Almost ripe for picking by the NSA or DHS,most likely DHS.After all DHS is the agency that declared "ALL" vets domesic terrorists.

They already know who and where we are Red. Heck, they know who and where you are to. My money is on them grabbing you first! :sign10:

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If protecting and standing up for the constitution of the United States makes me a terrorist then I guess I am according to DHS and NSA

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
They already know who and where we are Red. Heck, they know who and where you are to. My money is on them grabbing you first!

Of course they do.The info is just more pieces for the fusion centers to put together:wink:All your info in one nice neat package.How much you care to wager?:laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course they do.The info is just more pieces for the fusion centers to put together:wink:All your info in one nice neat package.How much you care to wager?:laughing7:

I am not concearned in the least......They don't need this thread, forum or even this website to get the info if they want it.... There are over 20 million of us vets, we are not hard to find....

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Sandman; I'm BARKER. US Coast Guard Special Ops SAR. 77 - 79/ DAV. I fought fires on tankers. My job was to pull out the bodies. Does that equal a Combat Vets Service ?? 3 Training Schools. War Time Practice at GITMO, 17 Fires. I pulled 27 men out who were burned to death and 46 out severely burned. In the 17th fire I was crushed by a 200lb steel hatch. That's why I got out. Healed up 7 months later and went right back to sea Diving. Loved it and still do. I was a "PEACE" time Vet.. If that was not Combat Experience then I don't know what is. Yup That so called Designation sure is a sore spot for me and I believe many others. I take no offence from anyone here. To me, a Vet is a Vet.!! AMEN. PEACE:RONB :occasion14:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Barker, we are brothers. We are all brothers. Keep the faith!

wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a vet but I got my neighbor Jim, who served in Viet Nam, addicted to medal detecting. We go huntin' together....:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread