How many THers were or are Vets?

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a vet but I got my neighbor Jim, who served in Viet Nam, addicted to medal detecting. We go huntin' together....:)
thats cool. I talked a guy I work with into buying a new ace 350 for himself at Christmas but he hasn't used it outside yet due to all the snow. I told him if he likes the hobby then he can spend more money but he should start on an easy to learn machine so I have used the 350 so I should be able to help get him get hooked by the end of spring lol.

pjduff

Mar 3, 2012
Madison, IN
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-x, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
USN Storekeeper, from 23 April 1992 - 23 November 1998.

JUNKER

Apr 7, 2012
SW FL,Copper Hill VA,Temple ME
Detector(s) used
XLT GrandmastercxIII Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First off I thank all the vets here and everywhere freedom does come with a price. I'm not a vet but I'm not a dodger either. There are many vets in my family and life and some unfortunately aren't here they payed the price. From Japan dropping it and on the ground, Korea ,Vietnam some four times and the Gulf. Some USAF,Navy, Army and Marines. So again I thank all the VETS

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
according to the US GOVT--- I AM NOT A VET --- 27 years as a merchant seaman -- who served in both gulf wars * FIRST ONE --task force 155 -- USS America battle group -- ON THE S/S CAPE ANN (AMMO SUPPLY SHIP) AS CHEIF STEWARD ---SECOND ONE -- M/V GUS W. DARNELL - (JET FUEL SUPPLY TANKER) AS CHEIF COOK.***** twice awarded the "UNTIED STATES MERCHANT MARINE EXPEDITIONARY AWARD" BUT I'm NO VET. -HAD A SCUD MISSLE SHOT AT THE AMMO DOCK WE WERE DROPPING AMMO AT DURING THE FIRST WAR IT MISSED BY 400 YARDS AND FAILED TO EXPLODE OR I WOULD NOT BE HERE TYPING THIS -- BUT I AM NO VET --- JUST ASK THE GOVT --PS IT ONLY TOOK THEM 50 YEARS TO GIVE THE WW2 MERCHANT MARINES VET STATUS AND THEY HAD IT A LOT WORSE THEN WE EVER DID.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, you all will be happy to hear that congress decided to eliminate 21 billion dollars for veteran benefits today. Those benefits covered educational supports, medical care and other items.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, you all will be happy to hear that congress decided to eliminate 21 billion dollars for veteran benefits today. Those benefits covered educational supports, medical care and other items.

You're right Dave, not a good thing for the kids today. For a lot of us, military service was the only way to escape poverty and get an education. I worked my way through high school working second shift in a cotton mill living in a boarding house. And I knew that education would set me free. Now the kids won't have that option of escape.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
they are cutting vets benefits "after the fact" they signed a"contract" the vets lived up to their end --offering up body and soul * --the US Govt has now "crabbed out" on their end of the deal after getting their part "upfront" from our vets --no wonder the govt is saying that VET'S might be thought of a "threat" , because they are stealing from them and screwing them over --not a good thing to do to men that have learned that honor is supposed to mean something and that are trained how to use weapons and explosives .--no wonder those worthless lying suck ass politicans , that are ripping them off are scared to death of them , they should be.
--after using these men non stop for the last 20 odd years --to suddenly just "shutdown" and draw down he military leaving thousands of men and women just a few years short of retirement --so they have to take "short" or no retirement at all and it is taking 1 1/2 to 2 years to get VA disability rated on top of it .

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's very sad and unbelievable to me. I served my country and took an oath. Now they are cutting back and screwing the vets. I'm not going to get into about what I had to deal with when I was in and still remember it everyday. This is our country and the politicians work for us not the other way around. We need to stand and make some changes at the polling sites. Thank you to all of you that have served and to the merchant marine YOU ARE A VET in my book and have that distinction in my eyes and I know I'm not alone.

ranger11

Mar 3, 2013
Fresno,Ca.
Detector(s) used
Gold Mountain, White, Bounty Hunter,(Prospector) and others,including the first one from Radio Shack around 1958
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Navy,1968-U.S.S.CoralSea (CVA-43)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread