OP
meathead

meathead

Greenie
Jan 16, 2008
North Of Tampa
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70
Had some good news in my email from my county today.

There's no problem using your metal detector in the County Parks as long as you cover up the area you find something. Athletic fields are not allowed. Have a good day.

Parks and Recreation Director

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Meathead, contact your local police department and let them know you have a MD and offer to help them search crime scenes. Sounds kind of crazy but it will open the door to sites that others might not have tried or were allowed to search. Who knows, you could help solve a crime. While you are at it, ask if it is ok to search city owned properties that were once privately owned. Also, many TNet members have had great luck using Craigslist.

Hal

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, did you pick a great time to start detecting. February 3rd will be the day that the last known zinc penny will be dug. a truly joyous occasion, marked by many, many pulltabs flung to the ground from ice cold beer cans. Check with the local clubs, when those guys down in Florida even smell a hurricane approaching, they'll be out on the beach tied to each other for safety. Ask them how much treasure they still dig up. Lots-o-luck,
curbdiggercarl

OP
OP
meathead

meathead

Greenie
Jan 16, 2008
North Of Tampa
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70
Burdie said:
Good luck on your X-terra 70 I am waiting for mine to. HH
Burdie

Thanks I see it was shipped today.

I was wondering do any of you guys and gals MD in ditches of old roads, I have a ghost town not to far from me thats if I can find it, your not allowed to take anything but was wondering if there would be anything the ditches on they way there or are the to filled with junk. I know most the roads have been updated.

http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/fl/centralia.html

K

KirkTN

It's out there, even in the places that have been hit a bunch, I've discovered hunting after a good soakin rain really does change things up. I've found silver an copper I'd missed by goin' back and working ground that is moist.

KirkTN
Go Get 'em

OP
OP
meathead

meathead

Greenie
Jan 16, 2008
North Of Tampa
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 70
Will I got it today but by the time I made it out to the yard it was getting dark. but the spade I got free with it was no good just ended up making a mess. so I went to the store and picked up a couple of tools that will make it a lot better. the one has a ruler and a saw one side and a knife on the other should work out great

HPIM0950.JPG

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
meathead said:
Will I got it today but by the time I made it out to the yard it was getting dark. but the spade I got free with it was no good just ended up making a mess. so I went to the store and picked up a couple of tools that will make it a lot better. the one has a ruler and a saw one side and a knife on the other should work out great

I use the same ames trowel...but one thing you might want to do is sharpen the ends...they go in hard ground much better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions