pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It seems that the previous post up on http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/general-discussion/564921-why-you-cant-like-your-own-posts.html has been hijacked by our past fun/vices. So I'm starting up a new one on how much was too much, and lived to talk about it. (Well I guess we wouldn't be having the conversation if we didn't live through it.):laughing7:
Ok how much was too much?
I'll start easy-26oz. of gin during grade 8 high school.

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fifth of Canada Dry Bourbon in 30 minutes.......

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In College I became a little too familiar with a bottle of Wild Irish Rose....
It tasted so good, and I must have been thirsty......
My head hurts almost 30 years later just thinking about it.

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Broke up with my ex-girlfriend after she cheated, and cleared out a 1L of Johnny Walker Red. Or the time I ate about 3 oz of magic mushrooms and, well, I still don’t know quite where I am....

Go Pats!!!

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
In College I became a little too familiar with a bottle of Wild Irish Rose....
It tasted so good, and I must have been thirsty......
My head hurts almost 30 years later just thinking about it.

Not familiar with that brand of gut rot, but it seems that anything that we over indulge has a lasting memory.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ralphed for 3 days. That was >50 years ago and I still can't even think about bourbon.... :tongue3:

Ah the old saying goes "Either it will kill ya or cure ya" In your case it cured the cravings of drinking Bourbon again.:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Broke up with my ex-girlfriend after she cheated, and cleared out a 1L of Johnny Walker Red. Or the time I ate about 3 oz of magic mushrooms and, well, I still don’t know quite where I am....

Go Pats!!!

Now there's the problem right there Scrappy it was the Red, if you drank the Blue it would oh been fitting. 3oz of shrooms now your a man I'd like to meet. :headbang: I've eaten maybe a 1/4 oz at a time and had some memorable times but never to those levels.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not familiar with that brand of gut rot, but it seems that anything that we over indulge has a lasting memory.

Look for it in your favorite skid row liquor store...
3A17E86A-80D4-489E-AC6A-2BE2BA8B0D31.jpeg

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm sure many remember when the large cities hosted summer concerts that had 5 major bands playing during the day. Back in 78/79 Vancouver held one such concert and being of no-mind consequences I dropped 5 hits of sid before each band came on to play. To this day I have a hard time remembering what bands played that day, or get mixed up with other concert events, the number of cells killed off were many I'm sure.

OP
OP
pepperj

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL. Right before my first deployment to Iraq, my group was having a cookout at a big public park. We all stopped at the class-6 on the way. I only wanted a small flask sized bottle of Capt Morgan but they only had 5ths. I started out with rum and cokes, then ended up drinking straight from the bottle. After killing my bottle, I started drinking from other guys. Damn we were all messed up. Thankfully one of us was DDing. I still have some video hidden somewhere from that party and the drive back to base, full of profanities towards our commander and 1SG, LOL. Then I drunk dialed my wife back home when we got back to out barracks. Oh, good times.

I still got up the next morning and went for a run. Never had a hangover from hard liquor.

b3y0nd3r

Aug 27, 2011
Detector(s) used
ctx 3030 nokta impact Equinox 800
So I dated this girl back in the 90's and she broke my heart. I dated her again in 2012 and she broke my heart. Guess what? She wants to date me again and Im considering it...SO this is "how much is too much".

lookingharder

Feb 27, 2015
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master. Garrett AT Gold, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drank a gallon of orange flavored Vodka (not Vodka and orange juice) on a train ride to Paris from Germany when I was stationed over there. Didn't see much of Paris but I did find out that when you barf in the toilet on a train in Germany you can see the cross ties going by REALLY fast which didn't help with the upchucking of most of my vital internal organs. 34 years later I still have not EVER put a sip of Vodka to my mouth. As some of the other post have mentioned about remembering there experience, I'm getting a lump in my throat just typing this.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One thing is for sure, once you’ve polluted yourself real good, it’s an experience that you’ll never forget, if you remember it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread