How to destroy metal detecting for everyone.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree completely with you. I have never sold a thing I have found and display much of it as well. I certainly do not consider displaying my artifacts the same as selling them for a buck. That is just ridiculous to compare the two. I enjoy the hobby, history and the appeal of possessing items you just do not see anymore. I have put out so much effort in finding and accumulating these relics that it does not even interest me to sell. Each piece I find represents a memory from a previous hunt and/or a shared moment with a hunting friend. Money??? I detect for the history, joy and passion of finding things from yesteryear. I have a job so I do not need to metal detect for profit.
Well i sell every thing and i do not metal detect to make a living........... I am retired get 3 pensions and work part time at a job i like 2 days a week............When you work at a job you like it is not like working..............Myself i get no thrill ....... Possessing or accumulating items........Or looking at something on a shelf or in a case............... Like i said before TO EACH HIS OR HER OWN...... What i do should not bother you...... For what any one else does not bother me............

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Keppy said:
Well i sell every thing and i do not metal detect to make a living........... I am retired get 3 pensions and work part time at a job i like 2 days a week............When you work at a job you like it is not like working..............Myself i get no thrill ....... Possessing or accumulating items........Or looking at something on a shelf or in a case............... Like i said before TO EACH HIS OR HER OWN...... What i do should not bother you...... For what any one else does not bother me............[/QUOTED

Sounds like it's bothering you as you have all ready stated this a few times Keppy dude. Why would you keep repeating it. The man has his opinion.

Last edited:

WayneCountyDetector

Jul 25, 2012
Wayne County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
BH Quicksilver
BH Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Items with a rich history, old rare items etc that I would think a lot of people are detecting for are usually also worth a lot of money. So in a way even if you aren't doing it for the money you still want to find things that are worth a lot don't you? The only reason I ask is because I haven't decided why I do it really. I am new to it, but I want to find nice things. No I don't go out there with "I'm going to sell everything I find and get rich" in my head but certain things I collect I keep, things that have no value to me but are valuable I would sell.

kyrock

Jun 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People that say, "not in it for the money"....BS!....You bought the equipment to find nice things people have lost over the years. When you do find them, you sell or give away to friends or loved ones. I have NEVER gave in to someone asking for a share of what I find on their property AND have never been asked if they can have a share! I work to hard for the things I find and my equipment cost to much to just give it away to the landowner. If they want it, they can go dig it themselves. I have been in the hobby for over 35 yrs. and have never had a problem with ASKING AND GETTING PERMISSION to hunt!

jay28

Greenie
Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im about half way though the season and it almost seems that some of the stuff is planted just so they find something every episode, I think he is annoying too.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
kyrock said:
People that say, "not in it for the money"....BS!....You bought the equipment to find nice things people have lost over the years. When you do find them, you sell or give away to friends or loved ones. I have NEVER gave in to someone asking for a share of what I find on their property AND have never been asked if they can have a share! I work to hard for the things I find and my equipment cost to much to just give it away to the landowner. If they want it, they can go dig it themselves. I have been in the hobby for over 35 yrs. and have never had a problem with ASKING AND GETTING PERMISSION to hunt!

I'm not in it for the money. LOL.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy said:
Well i sell every thing and i do not metal detect to make a living........... I am retired get 3 pensions and work part time at a job i like 2 days a week............When you work at a job you like it is not like working..............Myself i get no thrill ....... Possessing or accumulating items........Or looking at something on a shelf or in a case............... Like i said before TO EACH HIS OR HER OWN...... What i do should not bother you...... For what any one else does not bother me............[/QUOTED

Sounds like it's bothering you as you have all ready stated this a few times Keppy dude. Why would you keep repeating it. The man has his opinion.
..."Why".... Because i want to.........!!!!.... Why do you keep bugging me ???? Because you want to ........

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not in it for the money. LOL.
Every one is in it for something and most for what they can find that is valuable .... valuable meaning ..worth a amount of money..... I love finding a ring some silver some gold ... Man am i mixed up person .... I love money.$$$$$$

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
.......... You are 100% right there when they say they are not in it for the money that is .."" BS "" ...That is a big bunch of BS they put out.......... If you are not in it for something of value.......... Then you why not just go play golf...... ???

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Keppy said:
Every one is in it for something and most for what they can find that is valuable .... valuable meaning ..worth a amount of money..... I love finding a ring some silver some gold ... Man am i mixed up person .... I love money.$$$$$$

I am in it for something.
I am not in it for the money.
I agree you may be mixed up.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Keppy said:
.......... You are 100% right there when they say they are not in it for the money that is .."" BS "" ...That is a big bunch of BS they put out.......... If you are not in it for something of value.......... Then you why not just go play golf...... ???

Because I suck at golf.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ric Savage

View attachment 643389

I use to like the show but it is ruining it for me, and you. I posted an ad on Craigslist and someone emailed me about the show, and if I would bring equipment and stuff (OMG, im only 15), and such. I told them no, and I definitly wont be yelling "BOOM BABY" in their backyard. Savage just pisses me off, he dosen't care about the history, just the $$$. If at any time when your digging and find something cool and the very first thing you think is "What's it worth" you should break your metal detector and jump off a cliff. I mean, yea I love finding things worth money, but I do it mainly for the history. If it wasn't for us, these relics and coins would just rot in the ground and never be seen again.

Mr. Schulz,
For a young man of 15, you are wise beyond your years, And I agree with you 100%. Good Luck and HH......

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
spartacus & sonofadigger.. I am with you two all the way.................I sell every thing i find ............just to have it set on a shelf .............. and stare at it just don't make sense to me......... And that poor Mel fisher and other pro hunters are such rotten people just in it for the money.......... When i got my first detector 30 some years ago........ i got it to find coins and things i could sell.............. And i still like money after all those years......Still look for money and things to sell............... Who would ever think that i would still like money......$$$$$............. That Rick Savage such a rotten person he is he is a fool he likes money .. BOOM BABY..........:BangHead:

It's a TV show with producers, directors, scripts, rehearsals, probably planted objects, salaries, caterers and bad acting. The idea is ratings. True he might have a company, but don't believe the antique dealer isn't acting also, being paid, learning lines etc. It's just a show...

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It's a TV show with producers, directors, scripts, rehearsals, probably planted objects, salaries, caterers and bad acting. The idea is ratings. True he might have a company, but don't believe the antique dealer isn't acting also, being paid, learning lines etc. It's just a show...
......I understand that but a lot here think it is real .... It's TV you should know every one from the land owners to the buyers to the diggers is scripted & rehearsed on what to say and do........ It is just plain entertainment like any TV show you watch........You either like it or hate it......... And i under stand they will be back so more must like it than hate it........................The world is going crazy if a group don't like something they get together and try to destroy it.............. That is what is going on here................ Now it is the "Gays" Going after ..Chick-fill-A ... over the owner saying he don't think that same sex marriage is right.......The Gays are going nuts ........... I don't care what the owner says if there chicken is good i will go there..............It is like that with all groups now they don't want any thing negative said against them "" Because they are all so perfect ""........... It's like all nuts here on tnet trying to ruin a tv show because they don't like it............... You have the .. tnetters the women the blacks .. the gays ...and on and on & on............. there all nuts the world has gone crazy.........AND REMEMBER THE GAYS TOOK OUR RAINBOW FROM US..... THAT DOES HAVE ME ..PO'd..... NOW YOU CANT PUT OR USE THE RAINBOW ANY WERE OR THEY THINK YOU ARE GAY....

Last edited:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Keppy said:
......I understand that but a lot here think it is real .... It's TV you should know every one from the land owners to the buyers to the diggers is scripted & rehearsed on what to say and do........ It is just plain entertainment like any TV show you watch........You either like it or hate it......... And i under stand they will be back so more must like it than hate it........................The world is going crazy if a group don't like something they get together and try to destroy it.............. That is what is going on here................ Now it is the "Gays" Going after ..Chick-fill-A ... over the owner saying he don't think that same sex marriage is right.......The Gays are going nuts ........... I don't care what the owner says if there chicken is good i will go there..............It is like that with all groups now they don't want any thing negative said against them "" Because they are all so perfect ""........... It's like all nuts here on tnet trying to ruin a tv show because they don't like it............... You have the .. tnetters the women the blacks .. the gays ...and on and on & on............. there all nuts the world has gone crazy.........AND REMEMBER THE GAYS TOOK OUR RAINBOW FROM US..... THAT DOES HAVE ME ..PO'd..... NOW YOU CANT PUT OR USE THE RAINBOW ANY WERE OR THEY THINK YOU ARE GAY....

And there you have it from Keppy. Kind of scary ain't it. WOW

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.......... Then you why not just go play golf...... ???

Most here can't go out and play golf.....
All their money is tied up in detectors, and like ticm said, the other 1/2 just suck :laughing9:

There was a time I had a 12 handicap in golf, now my handicap is just showing up :tongue3:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Most here can't go out and play golf.....
All their money is tied up in detectors, and like ticm said, the other 1/2 just suck :laughing9:

There was a time I had a 12 handicap in golf, now my handicap is just showing up :tongue3:
Spartacus i have not played golf since 1989.... ........ But i was down to the Firestone Country Club in Akron Ohio today....The big game day with Tiger and the others will be there shortly......... I don't go there to play golf but i go down every year and take plants and trees down were they put around the club house just for looks when the game is on for the tv cameras..........Then the same day it is over with in 2 hours they are all pulled out and taken back to the garden center and sold.............And as you can see from my last post's here i am back at it again............. I just can not help myself..:laughing9: :laughing9:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
Keppy said:
No your type of people that try to destroy every thing you don't like is what is scary.........

LMAO. You mean I am the type of person not people.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread