Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The battery case seems like it is not a tight fit. Or maybe I am used to tightening things like Mr. Good wrench. I don't see how it can be waterproof. At least not like how I saw the blond lady in the Garrett video throwing the at pro in the water like that.
That's a big O ring on the battery case door...I haven't heard of one failing yet. I love how quick and easy it is to change batteries on the AT.

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha Ha! I do the same exact thing! New grease on every change too...

Pete

I've had mine come loose,and have since used a set of pliers,to just snug them up. They never work loose anymore. Don't go too tight though! Maybe a 1/8 th of a turn in from finger tight.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The battery door should be tight initially going into the case. It should have an O Ring on it. If it doesn't have the O Ring, swing by the shop, I'll give you one since you are local.

Vaseline and Petroleum based grease is not recommended on O Rings, divers grease is fine.

Wayne

OP
OP
Sandscoopdan

Sandscoopdan

May 19, 2012
Cypress,Tx
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Equinox 800
Extreme scoop
Boat: 20ft Four Winns w/92 V8 5.0L Cobra Mustang engine
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Ok, thank you Wayne!

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always tighten finger tight but I have big powerful hands. LOL! I do suggest checking them before you go swinging everyday too.

New Orleans Relic

Jul 17, 2012
New Orleans burb
Detector(s) used
At-Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Battery compartment will drop in correctly or incorrectly. I have to hold it in with my thumb, and turn it on with the other hand to see if its seated properly.
>>>>>>>>>>Just in--------Supreme court marriage ruling. --- Hoped they would understand polarity importance also!!! LOL
Hmmm
Ray

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Battery compartment will drop in correctly or incorrectly. I have to hold it in with my thumb, and turn it on with the other hand to see if its seated properly.
>>>>>>>>>>Just in--------Supreme court marriage ruling. --- Hoped they would understand polarity importance also!!! LOL
Hmmm
Ray
Yeah next group up to bat,the Polygyny gang!:laughing7:

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hmmm
Ray

I used a white paint marker to mark UP and Pos. Neg.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread