greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Gosh, my Mom is in a jar somewhere in Connecticut and my Dad is in a jar maybe in Virginia held hostage by my evil sister.
My Uncle whom I took care of his estate is in a jar by his Mother.
I think my kids will be OK.
I seemed to have raised them OK and they are good adults now.
Have lost a lot of money in the last few years but hope have left the $3k or so to put me in a jar.
Put that in the ocean and have a beer on the leftovers.
My Janice was almost dead a couple weeks ago and that was her wish.
Me too.
Oh, there is a song by John Prine that sais it all.
I have played that on my guitar many times.
Grey

CaptainRobin

Mar 14, 2006
The Peach State
Detector(s) used
Whatever it takes to get the coon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dontating my cadaver and all medical records to the University of Georgia Medical School. Upon completion of whatever they do with the meatsack, remains are to be cremated and scattered in the propwash of UGA, the university's research boat in Sapelo Sound.
Robin

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was always set on cremation, don't care what is done with the ashes. But after watching a a show last night about a guy that was killed and thrown out of a plane, I was thinking as a last laugh perhaps throwing my body out of a high altitude plane just to see if the CSI teams can figure out what happened, I'm sure there is a law against it somewhere.

Maybe have someone leave my body in a field somewhere and put crop circles all around it. Get the UFO nuts all in a frenzy.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm planning on how not to get caught by the irate father of that 18 year old heifer. If I had a definite check out date, it would be one hell of a party and giveaway for that last week. Maria can have all the money I got stashed away, which she don't know how much it is right now. I would like to be buried in the Red Top Cemetary in Wa$hita county, Oklahoma, with other family. Buried standing up, too. With all my guns, my best hat, best clothes, best boots, and maybe kill my current Chevy pick-up and bury it too. And throw in my duster and a pair of tennis shoes, cause I have been told I may have to walk across the Milky Way, and them boots don't get it for walkin, in case the truck don't cross over. Plus I want to keep my clothes clean so I'll be lookin good when I show up to all the family on the other side.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son dumped some ashes from a small plane once. He thought it was a pretty neat thing to do per the passed person's request but he said a bunch of the ashes blew back inside the plane. Be careful!
As for me, you can dump me at sea off the deck of the USS Ronald Reagan or put me in the ground at the Northern California Veterans Cemetery, don't matter; just keep it simple and cheap. :icon_thumleft:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Burial plot is paid for including opening and closing . Building my own coffin . Vaults not required in my
state .
Money laid aside for a wake at the house . Attendees will be required to listen to the country misic I like
ride a good horse if they are able , eat a lot of good bbq , drink the whiskey and beer I have provided for , and talk about the ornery SOB I was .
Only person I want to see sorrowful when I look down/up is the undertaker . Because he didn't make much money from my passing .

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CaptainRobin, I like your way of thinking, but only if they were to pick up the tab on that cremation thing :thumbsup:

I have no need for a cemetery plot to be remembered, nor the want for anyone to go out of their way to pay respects to a marker. Fry me up, pulverize the bones and put me in a paper bag for someone to scatter anywhere they feel fit.

I always be remembered as I was, when I was 'alive' :laughing7: See I'm still laughing :laughing9:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
for both me and the wife -everything is already paid for the dying stuff --so now we can get on with the living with no worrys about "when' IT happens and all the problems a loved ones death can cause the living to have to go thru (dealing with the burial ghouls) - heck I got to picked out my own coffin , color and all -- got the top corner drawer in the outdoor stacking vaults ( above ground ) - wife going to be burnt up -- if I go first they bury me and the add her container of ashes into my vault later on --if she goes first her ashes go in with me into my casket besides me --together forever. for real

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis, I have a question for you that I have never seen asked before.

I know that if I were going to buy a coffin, (Boy, are they expensive) I'd want a trial run... Did you by any chance lay down in it to see it was comfortable :dontknow: I know I sure as hell would :laughing7:
After all it is a final resting place and I'd hate to have a pea under the mattress :tongue3:

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I already told a younger cousin I want to be buried in the next village, across the mountains, with family members who have gone before. The cemetery in our village, busy for over 400 years, is so full they have to move bones aside to bury new people. The village where I want to be buried has a new cemetery, a nice one. Here, it costs around $500 to bury someone, and most of that is the coffin. Family does the digging.

There are 'parties' later, they probably cost a couple hundred maximum for pop and sweet bread. Family can make a marker from cement, and write your name and date in the wet cement. A fancy marker tends to get stolen, sigh.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
spartacus

due to my large size - my casket will be custom made "at the time" * so no I did not lay in my own coffin (that would be well -- just a bit morbid :tard:) --besides I'll have lots of time to get used to it when the time comes and most likely will not care at all about the fit .

as per my wish it will be a "closed casket" at both veiwing and burial -- cuz , I'm going out , like I came in (naked) :o--you came with nothing , you leave with nothing. -- plus with a closed casket theres no pawing on and kissing of the cold waxy dead man (and no "body" in a box as your last memory of your loved one - so your memory is of a living person not a corpse ) , I say , if you want to see me , come do it do it while I'm living , that way if I don't like you , I can tell you to get lost , and if I do like you, I can say stay a spell.

Twisted One

Apr 18, 2011
Redding, CA
Detector(s) used
MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
as per my wish it will be a "closed casket" at both veiwing and burial -- cuz , I'm going out , like I came in (naked) :o--you came with nothing , you leave with nothing.

What if the after life is a big family gathering? And you show up neekid?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
psst like i said "you take nothing with you' --so they would be naked too -- plus shame at being naked did not come about until adam and eve bit the apple * only upon eating the apple did they "know" that they were naked and make clothing (using fig leafs ) due to "shame" - in heaven you will be returned to your "shameless" state -- so being naked would not be a big deal -- since you go there with nothing of this earth with you (thus you arrive " naked") if god wants you "clothed" he will provide clothing for you to wear --not the rags of this earth but heavenly clothing .

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
As I recall, it cost $3000 for the cremation of my uncle here in Portland OR.
That might have included the cost of the chapel at the cemetary where we had speaches and such.
Also they opened the grave where his mother was and put his ashes there.
Only my cousin and I were there for that.
She paid and arranged for that stuff so I don't really know costs.
There are laws reguarding release and shipments of urns holding ashes.
Not sure how that works.
Anyone researched cost of a simple cremation and releasing container of ashes to family?

Grey

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being a coin roll hunter and beach hunter here is the plan....

Cremation with a couple rolls of walkers in each hand. My wife and family will take my ashes to Bethany Beach DE and mix me up with the wet sand. Form a sand castle with the ashes and sand then let the evening tide take my out to sea

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
My mother spent her last years on the telephone, almost all day, with various family and friends. My brother put a phone in the coffin with her. The funeral man said people put all kinds of things in there, based on the memory of the person, and a telephone was not considered pushing the limits at all.

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ashes to Ashes, dust to dust.

That's me. My kids will have no bills (I refuse to burden them as was done to me), each have a house they can sell and get their share of, or sell all three and split - their decision.

We have a cremation fund already for each of us - nothing will come out of my kids pockets.

However, they will have to save whomever dies first, until the other dies, then, the three children will have to scatter our ashes in the wilderness together.

Each child has a couple of special things for them, the rest - I don't care if they flush them in the toilet.

Their biggest problem will be what to do with the coins, gold, silver and platinum. We will leave it up to them. However, they will have a treasure map leading them to it. Each will have a clue.

We also have a letter written to each child.

Beth

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread