How will you plan for your final days

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
stefen said:
Have the funeral service within 24 hours...and like Truckin said, have a BBQ on me, listen to my choice of music and toast to those left behind.

I want to have a pint of Platt Valley whiskey poured over me (and not strained thru kidney's first)...

And have my daughter deposit my ashes by horseback in the back country...
I'm glad you cleared up that 'Strained through the kidneys' part on the getgo . That can leave some folks confused .
Sounds like a fine plan :icon_thumright:
Jim

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
greydigger,

I feel like you haven't understood anything I've said. (probably my fault).

First - the cheapest place??? You want somewhere that $0.00 is the price. Not the cheapest, but a place that is well known - most large medical science places have 24/7, 365 days a week, 1-800 service. You don't even call the funeral home.

I'm apparently NOT getting my point across, so, I am going to give you some places - some have videos, some don't - but, it does not matter where you live, they have people all across the United States.

Beth

http://www.anatomicgift.com/index.cfm?page=about

http://www.biogift.org/

http://www.sciencecare.com/news/donate_body_to_science.htm

http://ptmoney.com/donating-your-body-to-science/

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Well that slapped me upside the head.
I guess if I want this done it has to be when it happens.
My kin will get message I am gone and really gone.
Maybe better that way.
Any monies for my body to be paid to them?
Thanks Beth, am dumb about somethings.
Randy

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:tongue3: :laughing9: Sorry 'bout that. :headbang:

There, I think, a few that give a minor "stipend", but usually, they "pay" their part by covering your "final" expenses - picking you up, and doing the cremation and return to your family after they are done. (worth about $2,000).

Of course, as the commercial on tv says, Social Security will pay your family $255.00 (which is not totally true, they will only pay a spouse). If you are a vet, they will give your family some money too (if they apply). I think the VA paid me $300 towards my dad. (and a nice certificate thanking him for his service).

Beth

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No matter what you plan for your final days - the day after it won't matter a bit. :icon_thumleft:

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cremate <<< ( Spell Check Please) Me And Spread My ashes Over My Favorite Hunting Spots!!! Chug

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got to thinkin that one of the best things I would want to do in my 'final days' is sit down with Rando and Plehbah at some little honky-tonk here. It'd be great, cause we all understand it's only an internet thing, so yeeeaaaahh, what the f*** y'all, it was a good ride! Rando or Spooky and Plehbah would get it.

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Just to let you folks know.
My wife died last week.

I had asked about costs, forgot which thread, but now know.
Original "on call" mortuary wanted $2100.
Maybe more because of her weight. She was down to 330 lbs.
Finally found one for $710.
This was for cremation as we will be scattering her ashes on her favorite beach which she wanted.
Mrs. O , that was the info I wanted about ME.
Not Jannie.

This has been hard for us as you can imagine.
Grey

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
(WISE) Learn DETACHMENT like a good Buddhist! There is NO death, only TRANSFORMATION. MY mother died two weeks ago... Life goes on. Coffee?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I got to say that the man upstairs is looking out for me. I have 2 accidents with no damage to me or the vehicle, One way back when I was driving a druck and the load shifted, and one when my brakes went out at 50MPH downhill. I have died once when after an operation I lost all vital signs and was legally dead. I was saved by a female doctor who insisted on one last jolt . I watched that one from the ceiling without a care in the world. I have outlived my wife, my older sister and my elde Funny face-flower.jpg st son. At 74, I am either luckey or have good backing. Maybe being honest, not smoking and not drinking helped.

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I plan to have made a difference in this world, even if it was just one person....

Best,
Scott

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Rebel
I am happy that you can handle/think this way for you.
I will not say more about that.

AU
That is the goal of my life also.

I think I have done a good job so far. I do miss Jannie but I know I helped her.
Found out the costs for dealing with my dead body.
Have procreated. They are doing well as I have taught them.
Am ready to die as a person who has done most everything I wanted.
Have not helped all of mankind but have tried to help all those I come in contact with.
Bring a smile to a strangers face. Tell a joke. Do something that is not asked for but helps others.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Oh, the final plans. Basic $5K insurance, no funeral, no viewing, Creamation and bearial of the ashes on the farm next to my wife's. The $5K, I told the kids to have a party. hand print-2_edited-3.jpg

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Friends,

Your time, my time on this earth is not measured by days; rather it is measured by our deeds.

It is how we will be remembered by our family and friends, and, yes, even our enemies.

It is what we have contributed to the benefit of others that will be remembered.

The best that we can hope for is a fond memory of being gracious, patient, helpful and understanding of other's concerns.

I'd like to think that I am in that class...

What is your contribution? How will YOU be remembered?

My Best Wishes,
Scott

Last edited:

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I refuse to leave,or talk about death until I find a pine tree shilling.THE END.:leprechaun-hat:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Leprecon, The shock would probably kill you, it would be the end! cheerio-1.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread