Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
HUNGARIAN PANCAKES or PALACSINTA

6 WHOLE EGGS
2 CUPS MILK
2 TSP. SUGAR
2 CUPS SIFTED FLOUR
PINCH OF SALT

Mix flour, salt and sugar. Combine well beaten eggs and milk. Add egg and milk gradually to flour mixture, beating to a thin smooth batter. Let batter sit for 1/2 hour. This gets rid of the raw flour taste. Spoon 3 Tbls. on hot buttered skillet. Will be very thin. Tilt skillet quickly in a circular motion to distribute batter over skillet. Brown lightly on both sides. Continue this until batter is used up. As each crepe is done, spread with strawberry jam,(or apricot or blueberry) roll up lightly and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
These can be made ahead of time and reheated in a slow oven for a few minutes. You can also serve crepes with a dollop of sour cream.

These also taste great with cottage cheese as a filling ,heavy on the paprika and black pepper)

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always a favorite when we were growing up, Mom would make enough batter to last a few days. Something we could eat everyday. Once in a blue moon we had regular pancakes.

HH = Happy Hungarian :D

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
We ate them all the time...hot ...cold....usually with strawberries....yum....even now I will make a huge batch and eat them cold....the thinner..the better

The Hun

Dec 6, 2008
Hungary
Gypsy Heart said:
We ate them all the time...hot ...cold....usually with strawberries....yum....even now I will make a huge batch and eat them cold....the thinner..the better

:) Have you ever tried Gundel palacsinta? This is a walnut filled pancakes poured special choclate souce....

K*E*L*L*Y

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsy Heart said:

gypsy im going to try these! but how do you flip them? if they are so thin
dont the break when you try and turn them?

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
K*E*L*L*Y said:
Gypsy Heart said:

gypsy im going to try these! but how do you flip them? if they are so thin
dont the break when you try and turn them?

Like this Kelly

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread