Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey again all, me and Mirage visited OSU today and detected afterwards at an old farmhouse (1850s) in the area that our friends gave us permission to hunt. They own a lot of acreage, much of it grazing pasture and crop fields.

Front yard:
March27D.jpg

Barn added in 1880s:
March27A.jpg

It was a real treat detecting the front yard. Old coins and little trash! I found a very nice 1883 IH and my oldest IH, an 1865. And of course the silver was great to find (my 2nd SLQ). Also dug a small musketball or something and an old (copper?) ring, and an old hair beret. Mirage did just as good and will post later.

March27C.jpg

March27B.jpg

Thanks for lookin, HH all!

Upvote 0

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Nice coins!!!! Looks like some trees behind the house also ---good spot for sitting down in the shade and losing old coins............and you can find them.. ;D ;D

Baggins

Bronze Member
Jan 2, 2007
TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV / Garrett Ace 250/Minelab X-Terra 70
Great finds! I am still waiting to find coins that old!
HH
Sean

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Nate is on spring break. He is a Junior and is looking at studying Engineering. Ohio state is on the list of possibilities. I had remembered that a good friend of ours(Joanne) had a sister who had "an old house" in the Columbus area that she said would not mind if we detected some time. So I arranged permission. The home is back off some gravel roads and actually 5 miles from Utica, Ohio. They have 100 acres. We started in the front yard and within 5 minutes I got signal that read like a bottle cap. Dug it and it was an IH. ;D I showed Nate and told him it was going to be a good day. :) :) I don't know if I did as good but I was happy...

Bob

DiggerBug

Oct 28, 2006
Bama
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds...and what a beautiful homesite! I would love to live somewhere like that!

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep em comin Nate, I love these types of finds and the pictures of the location to go along with it.
Very Nice indeed!

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Great going guys!

What a beautiful location. Thanks for the photos.

Ridley

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
Dude

beautiful SLQ. Both I have found are worn smoother than a baby's butt. What a way to spend the afternoon. I'm sure there's a lot more there!
Where's your Dad's post?

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Great! Nothing like a little variety in the hunt and a Standing Liberty to top it off.

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dude so close to a fatty next time keep at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Danimal said:
Dude

beautiful SLQ. Both I have found are worn smoother than a baby's butt. What a way to spend the afternoon. I'm sure there's a lot more there!
Where's your Dad's post?
he got spanked hes hiding :D

Master Sarge

Feb 23, 2007
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V3 / 6x10" DD & 10" DD Coils / Bullseye II Probe
Very nice finds. How deep was the coins? And what type of MD was you using? Thanks!!!

OP
OP
Nate in Ohio

Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Danimal said:
I'm sure there's a lot more there!
Where's your Dad's post?
We hit the front yard really hard. There's still gotta be something left there though, somehow. As for everywhere else (excluding the front yard), it was very tough hunting with all the trash.

Master Sarge said:
Very nice finds. How deep was the coins? And what type of MD was you using? Thanks!!!

Some of the IHs were pretty deep. For the 1865 IH, I wasn't even going to dig the signal, but I called Mirage over and he said go for it. But most of the other IHs and the silver were pretty shallow. I was using a DFX and Mirage a Minelab Exp. II.
Thanks all!

ZoSo71

Nov 5, 2006
Somewhere near Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's DFX / Modded BH Land Star
Very Nice.... Nate and Mirage....

That silver is awesome...It looks like that site just might be hiding the rest of the tribe!

A SQL is on my list for this year to find.

ZoSo71

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions