Nate in Ohio

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2005
Cleveland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey again all, me and Mirage visited OSU today and detected afterwards at an old farmhouse (1850s) in the area that our friends gave us permission to hunt. They own a lot of acreage, much of it grazing pasture and crop fields.

Front yard:
March27D.jpg

Barn added in 1880s:
March27A.jpg

It was a real treat detecting the front yard. Old coins and little trash! I found a very nice 1883 IH and my oldest IH, an 1865. And of course the silver was great to find (my 2nd SLQ). Also dug a small musketball or something and an old (copper?) ring, and an old hair beret. Mirage did just as good and will post later.

March27C.jpg

March27B.jpg

Thanks for lookin, HH all!

Upvote 0

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Danimal said:
Dude

Where's your Dad's post?

Bud - you should know by now - after 6 hours of driving, managing the day, making dinner and then more family matters to manage - I did not want to be up to 11pm trying to get in a post. I should be able to post by 11pm tonight but if you must know what I found before then - call me. :)

markgPA

Jan 13, 2006
Bethlehem, PA
Detector(s) used
Whites PrizmV, Minelab Explorer SE
Nice finds Nate. I love SLQ's and I'm yet to pull one with a date. You can't go wrong with OSU, its a great school. I have a friend that graduated from there and I'm a Penn Stater so we are always breaking chops during football season. Good luck checking out colleges.
HH too,
Mark G

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee Nate, you guys are on a roll lately! Great bunch of coins, and a fantastic looking hunting site. I'm jealous. ;)
Congrats to both of you,
MM

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
am in Se ohio ... if you guys would be interested in a 3rd hunting with you I would love to go....... always looking for fun places to go around.. if not it is cool... just saw the posts and thought I would ask
Randy

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice finds, and a great looking place to hunt.

allenb

Oct 15, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Nice finds for sure!!! Not to turn this into an Ohio thread...but I'm in Clintonville just North of OSU by about 3 miles. If you need company let me know. Lived here almost my whole life....I'm pretty familiar with Cols.
Later.
Allen

Skrimpy

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
smAlbany, NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
Nate in Ohio said:
Hey again all, me and Mirage visited OSU today and detected afterwards at an old farmhouse (1850s) Barn added in 1880s:

Look along the far tree line, search for low spots in the yard close to the house (4X4), or for a large mound in the middle of the fields and hit straight lines or the most likely walking paths between these points and the house. Trash heaps and privys. A lot of traffic between here and the house...and if she allows dig em up too. Some of those bottles from the 1850s-1880s are worth quite a bit. They had to put their trash somewhere. Find it and the most likely paths between the house and the trash.

Eddy1H

Dec 17, 2006
Rockwall Texas
Detector(s) used
Cz20, Cz6a, 1212X, Minelab, Muskateer Advantage Whites, XLT, Surf PI, Garrett TR
Very nice finds, you guys did great at that place
Congrats

Eddy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions