Hunted an old mill site today

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or close to one anyway. I read about the old Ram Tail Mill in Foster, RI at one of the famous Ghostown sites last night, and decided to check it out. Me and my buddy spent an hour just finding the place due to vauge directions on the site. Well, we parked, walked down the old mill road into the woods for about a half mile, and found that the old wooden bridge refered to in the website story is now in the river. It was walk through 4 feet of COLD water in our skivvies with our detectors held high, or detect the old mill road and the picnic area right on the river bank. We chose not to freeze, and hit the old dirt road and picnic area, along with some fishing spots. Our meager finds are posted below. The knife and fishing stuff was just lying on the riverbank, and being a big bass man, I grabbed em. 7 clad pennies, and some sort of old handle that I think is copper. We're gonna go back in a few months more prepared to cross the water. HH!

Attachments

• Ram Tail Mill Finds 4-10-05.JPG
    Ram Tail Mill Finds 4-10-05.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 274
  • Ram Tail Mill Handle 4-5-05.JPG
    Ram Tail Mill Handle 4-5-05.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 306
Upvote 0

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
that hula popper runs around 3 to 4 bucks so you did pretty good!take that garbage off the front and work it straight to the line and let the bass beware!

peace,bigrig

dano91

Apr 3, 2005
colorado
Good finds! You never have enough knives!
Big rig sounds like you fish once in a while lol. I've been working on a state record last couple years but havent caught it yet.

OP
OP
treasurekidd

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah, I'll be back to that mill as soon as the weather and the water warm up to wade through. I',m jst hoping that the ghost of the mills night watchman (that supposedly haunts the mill grounds) is still walking through every night, dropping 1800's coins, lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread