Hunted Beach and almost got skunked.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
::) Well, we went to the lake this weekend and I got to hunt for several hours. I have never been to a beach that was sooo clean. It was frustrating! >:(

Other than the couple pieces of foil, I somehow managed to find a couple clad coins and a metal toe ring. I was hoping that it was silver, but it wasn't. It is only cheaply stamped metal. I hunted so hard that I actually managed to find an 'earring back' in the sand. I hunted for the earring, but it apparently stayed in the persons ear! I couldn't believe I found it, and was further amazed when I dug up a tiny metal watch gear (or something like that). My detector was on, just very few targets!

With an hour of daylight left, my son and I hit another small beach closer to the dam and found a couple more clad coins and the last target I dug was a decent sterling silver ring! I was really happy when my son said "Dad, this says 925 inside it." I sure wasn't expecting that. This is the first "silver..anything" that I have dug up. I have found 7 other rings, but they are all junkers or costume jewelry. I was really happy that my son was there to share in this with me. My weekend turned out good after all. I'm glad I persisted in my search.I guess good things do come to those who...well...detect their a$$ off. HH

baldingboy

Attachments

• 100_3232.jpg
    100_3232.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 826
  • 100_3236.jpg
    100_3236.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 829
  • 100_3239.jpg
    100_3239.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 827
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well...somehow after two years of detecting, I still have my A$$. ;D

Great on your first silver!!! 8) Many congrats!

Nana ;)

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Nana40 said:
Well...somehow after two years of detecting, I still have my A$$. ;D

Great on your first silver!!! 8) Many congrats!

Nana ;)

Thanks Nana. Sometimes I have to check when I am detecting to make sure I can still find it with both hands!

history hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 12, 2007
Menasha WI.
Detector(s) used
Nox 800 AT Max, Mine lab se pro/ Teknetics 7500 / teknetics 8000 / fisher m-scope (aquanut) 1280x/2ea compass relic magnum 6 /compass yukon 77b (professional) /compass yukon 71b
Nice finds, nice ring.

DFX-SE Gregg

Silver Member
Feb 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 SE and DFX
Good work Tom, glad your son was with you also. I agree about putting in your time and learning your machine....nice ring. :)

R

RUDY2003

Now you have found your first silver ring, they will start poppin' out a lot more often...
Great diggins...

ScrewcapRoy

Jun 14, 2007
Weymouth Mass
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Great finds on the ring. It is unusual to find a beach that is so clean and it makes you wonder if people are still using it. Keep up the good work and hunting with your son is "priceless".
HH

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
ScrewcapRoy said:
Great finds on the ring. It is unusual to find a beach that is so clean and it makes you wonder if people are still using it. Keep up the good work and hunting with your son is "priceless".
HH

RUDY2003 said:
Now you have found your first silver ring, they will start poppin' out a lot more often...
Great diggins...

lost at sea said:
Well, even though it was overall slow, the rings make it worth it.

DFX-Gregg said:
Good work Tom, glad your son was with you also. I agree about putting in your time and learning your machine....nice ring. :)

history hunter said:
Nice finds, nice ring.

My son that hunts with me a lot is my nine year old. He is in the "Blue background" and his younger brother is in the "Red Background" picture. They both enjoy detecting with me on occasion. These hunts are always fun, and I usually find they are good luck to me!

ScrewcapRoy,
I know people use this beach all the time. It was crowded earlier in the day before I got there. I think someone else is detecting it! >:(

Rudy2003,
I hope you are right. Trying to substantiate the cost of my detector has been a slow process if I add up my finds. ::)

LostatSea,
I couldn't agree more. Gotta love the rings!!!

Greg,
Thanks, I really like the ring, even though it is small/lightweight. My sons are the center of my universe...I was really happy he was there to share in this with me. My learning curve with my XLT has been long and distinguished. One day I hope to develop some good Karma with it!

History Hunter,
Thanks for your kind remarks.

Happy Hunting all!
baldingboy

Attachments

• boys123.JPG
    boys123.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 654

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Congratulations on your first silver!

More will come! :D

Ridley

paul1410

Feb 6, 2007
Land of the Cheese Steak
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado, White's Spectrum XLT
Nice finds, bb! Congrats on your first silver.

I know the frustration of a "clean" beach too, but with those tiny pieces you found you can rest assured you gave it a thorough search.

Glad to hear you could share your experience with your son. I'm sure it's a memory he will never forget.

Thanks for sharing.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hi Tom!

That's a great ring! Congrats on first keeper ring.
BTW, that toe ring looks like it's silver too?
Cool digs, keep em coming!

Smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Boobydoo said:
Hi Tom!

That's a great ring! Congrats on first keeper ring.
BTW, that toe ring looks like it's silver too?
Cool digs, keep em coming!

Smiles!
BDoo

Maria D. Contes said:
Congratulation's! :D. Also there is no better way to say that saying then the way you just did :D :D :D

CarolinaDigs said:
Great finds and nice post :)

Thanks for your comments Carolina Digs and Maria D Contes!

BDoo, Thanks for the post. Yeah, I was please with the ring. It is lightweight, but still silver. I was pretty stoked! Unfortunately, I don't think the toe ring is silver. I is real thin metal and appears to be stamped. Just another one for the ring count.

James57

Jan 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Detectorpro Headhunter PI
Nice rings, it's good to find some silver. The small gear caught my eye since I've found 2 of those recently. I thought that the first one was a watch gear. I found it at a swimming hole. I found the second one at an ocean beach. It can't be a watch gear because why would it always be the same gear? They are identical to yours - same size but I didn't put anything in the photo for scale.

Attachments

• Finds_Aug2007_gears.jpg
    Finds_Aug2007_gears.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 201
OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
James57 said:
Nice rings, it's good to find some silver. The small gear caught my eye since I've found 2 of those recently. I thought that the first one was a watch gear. I found it at a swimming hole. I found the second one at an ocean beach. It can't be a watch gear because why would it always be the same gear? They are identical to yours - same size but I didn't put anything in the photo for scale.

James,
Wow! Thats really wild. I just assumed it was a watch gear. I wonder if perhaps this comes off of something like a beach toy that a child has. It would seem that it would have to be something kind of universally found at a beach. Interesting. Maybe we should ask PBK about this one...Hmmm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread