Hunted Beach and almost got skunked.

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
::) Well, we went to the lake this weekend and I got to hunt for several hours. I have never been to a beach that was sooo clean. It was frustrating! >:(

Other than the couple pieces of foil, I somehow managed to find a couple clad coins and a metal toe ring. I was hoping that it was silver, but it wasn't. It is only cheaply stamped metal. I hunted so hard that I actually managed to find an 'earring back' in the sand. I hunted for the earring, but it apparently stayed in the persons ear! I couldn't believe I found it, and was further amazed when I dug up a tiny metal watch gear (or something like that). My detector was on, just very few targets!

With an hour of daylight left, my son and I hit another small beach closer to the dam and found a couple more clad coins and the last target I dug was a decent sterling silver ring! I was really happy when my son said "Dad, this says 925 inside it." I sure wasn't expecting that. This is the first "silver..anything" that I have dug up. I have found 7 other rings, but they are all junkers or costume jewelry. I was really happy that my son was there to share in this with me. My weekend turned out good after all. I'm glad I persisted in my search.I guess good things do come to those who...well...detect their a$$ off. HH

baldingboy

Attachments

• 100_3232.jpg
    100_3232.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 826
  • 100_3236.jpg
    100_3236.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 829
  • 100_3239.jpg
    100_3239.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 827
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Baldingboy

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil
civilman1 said:
Congrat's on the silver Bb....It's nice you can hunt with your kid's and not for them!Best of Luck!!

Yeah, my older ones already starting to develop the smart mouth a little bit. I do, however, maintain a close relationship with both of them. They both like to detect and do things with me, so hopefully that will be enough to keep them between the lines.

geckokid

Aug 4, 2007
Delaware, USA
Detector(s) used
Eldorado
James57 said:
Nice rings, it's good to find some silver. The small gear caught my eye since I've found 2 of those recently. I thought that the first one was a watch gear. I found it at a swimming hole. I found the second one at an ocean beach. It can't be a watch gear because why would it always be the same gear? They are identical to yours - same size but I didn't put anything in the photo for scale.

These look so much like a gear type item inside a Spinning reel I guess people were fishing there.Not a watch gear.

I look at my reels at home to be sure. I am at work now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread