Hunting in East Tennessee

H

hunting4gold

I have been hunting for about 25 Years now and I moved to the Mountains of East Tennessee and the ground conditions are so bad that its almost impossible to hunt. I have tried a Fisher 1265x and the whites XLT, Whites 6000DI, but nothing can seem to penetrate these ground conditions. I have adjusted the ground balance and sensitivity but still no good. The soil is very acidic and rocky. I am used to hunting in that old black soil of Mississippi and Alabama that is wonderful most of the time.
Does anyone have any suggestions, other than moving to find better ground?

R

ranger ricky

just another question on top of yours I too run into lots of broken rock
(broken after my diggin tool hits it) on the ky/tenn border here, once i get through the rock i find the spam can, Id be interested in your responses you get on this one

Hardpan

Mar 20, 2003
I would suggest that you use a "nugget shooter" type detector. They are made to operate in extreme ground conditions and heavy mineralization where most prospecting is done. Most major brands make a model for this. Check it out. Good luck, Hardpan

R

ranger ricky

I by dale Hollow Lake, Celina Tenn. is near by

K

keepdiggin

I've spent the last 20 years hunting the E.T region where I live, and could'nt agree more. We must have some of the most "challenging" soil to deal with you can find. I am using a Tesoro w/adjustable ground balence and that seems to work fairly well. Just remember that some part's of this area have different mineral contents and require different settings from place to place

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread