sixguns

Oct 19, 2006
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am now an "OFFICIAL" MDer

First I need to say thanks for this site. I found it about 5 months ago, became a member about a couple of months ago, and I believe just reading the posts, and the advice from all the members was better than reading my owners manual, or the DvD that came with my detector. I would also like to thank a couple of members who I talked to off line that gave me alot of insight, and personal experiences that made me understand alot. Now to my story...
I was going to purchase a White's XLT, but after reading and talking to several people, I figured I really didnt need that much right now, so I bought a White's PRIZM V on Monday (played hooky from work), had to make up for that by working Tuesday, and today, but left a little early today. Monday, I read my manual twice, watched the DVD twice, so I figured I was ready today. At first I practiced doing some air tests, just listening to the tones, did that for about an hour, then packed up my gear, an old K-Bar with a broken tip for digging, couple of extra batteries, and an old carpenters apron that I had. I live in a fairly new subdivision, but in a really old city, and about a block away is a new grade school. so I thought I would hone my skills there for awhile. walking out of my driveway, I happened to look down and saw a nickle, bent down to pick it up, and it was a 1963, I thought "this must be an omen" and just knew that it would be a good day. Well went to the school, and after digging a few juice caps, poptabs, and a 4in peice of copper tubing, I found my first coin. A 1995 penny. Just your ordinary penny, worth oh about a penny, had to go down about 2 inches for it, but I dont think I would take a $10.00 bill for it. After looking for about 2 more hours, I ended up with several tabs, some wire, and .47 cents (counting my 1963 nickel). I cant WAIT to get out again tomorrow..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Upvote 0
Re: I am now an "OFFICIAL" MDer

sounds like youre hooked! welcome to the hobby and the forum. you wont believe what you are about to find with that prism!

Hi and welcome to the hobby

Glad to have you with us, Sixguns! Can't wait to see what you and your new detector will find!

welcome to treasure hunting
not bad for your first time

I hope to be up there with you "big dogs" in no time, finding all the good stuff...

Welcome to the forum and to metal detecting. Dig a lot with your detector, and experiment, and research/try a variety of sites. Your chances of success increase as the amount of experience you have with your machine increases, as I believe, at least until you get a very solid grasp on your detector. Good luck, you'll be surprised at how good you'll start to get! HH!

Welcome aboard Sixguns,

Glad to have you with us. This is the best metal detecting/treasure hunting site on the web.

You did much better than I did my first time out.

Welcome to the addiction sixguns and glad to see you as a member.
Experience is the best teacher in this hobby.Get to know your detector and it should reward you with some great finds.Sounds like you're off to a good start already.
Best of luck to you out there. HH!

Thanks Nate and Ron, I have plenty of places to go detect, and after all that I have read here, I know that practice makes perfect....

Welcome in sixguns, life style errrrrrrrrrrr hobby.

Six, congrats on the finds and welcome to TNet!!

Welcome sixguns-sounds like your already hooked!Glad your here.Bunch of good folks here.Happy hunting~DM

Six,

Yep, you're "official", next you'll be addicted. ;D

Off to a great start...Welcome to TN!!

;) RR

Sixguns welcome to the forum and the hobby. Yeah I wouldn't trade the feeling of my first find. And I sure do love this hobby quite a bit.

Good luck on your future hunts. I am usually always looking at this forum every few days. So hope to see you post some pics of some great finds.

Congratulations,

Postalrevnant

Welcome! I do believe you are now officially hooked. Only one thing, you would of loved that XLT! Tsgman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back