I believe we need a gun thread. Carrying while detecting?

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes to carry around a school is a very bad thing.Also it is not good around ball fields & beaches.. I have to agree with you there..

I think you might be exaggerating. If on school property you see a uniformed cop with his full utility belt complete with pistol, you probably think it is a good thing. lf it is a plainclothes cop, you probably still think its a good thing even though you never see the gun. But you know that plainclothes has a badge, and uniform is wearing his badge. So it ain't the gun that some considered "bad", it is the gun without the badge that some feel fear from.

When I was a kid I took a shotgun to school sometimes. No way was I going all the was back home from school to fetch the tools I needed across the street from school to bounce rabbits and partridge.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
Yes to carry around a school is a very bad thing.Also it is not good around ball fields & beaches.. I have to agree with you there..

Yes. Everyone knows those guns safely tucked away in there holsters have a tendency to jump put and randomly start shooting people at schools and ball fields and beaches!
You may want to grind down the edge of your digger as these too have a tendency to start slashing people at these places as well!

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Don’t think it is a good idea to throw Pepper shakers. You might miss and hit a baby.

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The reason I carry a gun is because I can't get my mitts on a nuclear hand grenade.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes. Everyone knows those guns safely tucked away in there holsters have a tendency to jump put and randomly start shooting people at schools and ball fields and beaches!
You may want to grind down the edge of your digger as these too have a tendency to start slashing people at these places as well!
I have seen those tucked away pistols go sliding across parking lots and across auto dealer lots more than once. But you are from Calif. i did not know guns or freedom was allowed in that state. Unless you are a illegal then you can do what ever you want.

Last edited:

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my first shot gun at 12yrs. Old. A 20ga. Single shot. Before that it was my daisy bb gun. I was taught if I shot it. I had to eat it. So I learned at a early age what shooting something killed it. We grow up with respect for the gun. It was a part of life. It's the person on the trigger side that makes the decision to shoot. I carry everyday and I'm respectful to those businesses that don't allow guns on premise. Education is the answer. Maybe even mandatory armed service would help too.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

mxtman2

Sep 25, 2004
Southern California
Detector(s) used
MXT/ Sunray probe
I have seen those tucked away pistols go sliding across parking lots and across auto dealer lots more than once. But you are from Calif. i did not know guns or freedom was allowed in that state. Unless you are a illegal then you can do what ever you want.

Touch'e Keppy! Not saying there aren't some careless people out there. However, the places mentioned in the post (schools, beaches,ball-fields) are full of "soft targets".

Yes in CA the government knows whats best for us. They keep us on a tight leash. Especially in SF and LA. In other areas there is a glimmer of hope!

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the law is, in CA , anything over a thousand grains is an " assault shaker" ... Oh I kill me too!!!:laughing7:
Arrrrrrrrrr Thats hysterical. Have to obtain a special registration on that and add a bullet button! oh and no green tip pepper only standard shaker pepper

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I load a little salt and some pepper into my 28ga. SxS.

Season them rabbits on the run and those partridge in the sky.

:laughing7:
Add a little lit charcoal in there and they will fall out of the sky onto a plate! :)

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just coming back to this thread after a while.

Please share! Favourite guns, shooting stories, amazing shots, accidents. Anything gun related.

At first I thought it was a good idea to have a gun thread.

I guess I thought it would be about different types weapons, types, calibers, and interesting information about weapons.

oh well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread