I EARNED A STAR AND GOT TO DO THE HAPPY DANCE !!!!

pj4566

Jul 2, 2007
monarch pass drive, colorado springs, colorado
Detector(s) used
whites xlt & whites bullseye2 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well the wife took our grandaughter to do some freeway driving so I got to go "prospecting" as my wife calls it. I went to one of the oldest parks in town in hopes of finding that elusive silver. Well i did find a 1961 nickel but that's as close I got. I think I must have dug about a billion pulltabs, at least it seems that way.I did find this cool little star and it's silver colored. Came off somebodies belt or clothes. I even found a one Franc coin. How it ended up in Colorado is anybodies guess. Maybe I should go exchange it, it's probably worth more than our dollar. LOL
Found a neat whatsit, if anybody has any idea what it is let me know. I had been detecting about 2 hours when i got a nickle signal,about 25 on my meter. Well let me tell you, I dig everything. It was only about half an inch down so I got out the old Bullseye 2 and started searching. When I found it the first thing i saw was the bottom of the ring and i thought oh cool another pull ring top. Then I got it out of the ground and cleaned off most of the dirt, I almost screamed. HAPPY DANCE TIME!! It said 24K on the band, has what looks like 3 little diamonds on each side of the heart shaped stone which might be a ruby. I can't wait to take it to a jeweler and have it appraised. When I do I will update my post. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• DSCF0248.jpg
    DSCF0248.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 749
  • DSCF0249.jpg
    DSCF0249.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 737
  • DSCF0252.jpg
    DSCF0252.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 744
Upvote 0

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With the price of gold at about $1000 an ounce and what may very well be a precious stone to go with it, I'd say it was worth digging those billion pull tabs :D

WTG :thumbsup:

Nat

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring and finds. I'd say your whatsit is a part of one of those miz-paw necklaces. Girl has half and the guy has half, or what ever mix of partners you wish.

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Nice score on the ring, PJ!
24k is awfully soft for a solid piece of jewelry.....hope its not plated....Joe

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty little ring...Congrats!

:wink: RR

radarwill

Feb 8, 2008
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Kas said:
Nice ring and finds. I'd say your whatsit is a part of one of those miz-paw necklaces. Girl has half and the guy has half, or what ever mix of partners you wish.

Good call, I agree.
Nice haul.

OP
OP
pj4566

pj4566

Jul 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I EARNED A STAR AND GOT TO DO THE HAPPY DANCE !!!! UPDATE

I got a stronger magnifier, it is a 14K gold ring not a 24 K. Sorry for the mistake. Also forgot to list the live 44 magnum cartrige I found.

UnEarthed72

Jun 29, 2007
THE EMPIRE STATE
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,Whites prism2
Nice finds-still waiting on my first gold anything

And the item with a ? mark next to it..seems to be a homemade type friendship heart charm(at least to me it does)

HH
Shawn

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
Hello Fellow Coloradian!
I hail from Trinidad.

Nice finds! Those gold rings are buggers to discovered but well worth the price of recovery!

Excuse me for a moment; I'm getting a vision!
Oh yes, it's coming to me now; I see the grand daughter, her hands on the wheel learning to drive in style! :)

Thanks for sharing!
GRB

OP
OP
pj4566

pj4566

Jul 2, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update! You guys are are good!!!! I cleaned the whatsit with 4o steel wool and it has two initials on it, so I think you all hit the nail on the head. It appears to be half a heart pendant. thanks to all for identifying it.

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I agree with the rest of the guys. Your whatsit looks like one of those friendship charms where one person gets half and another gets the other half and together they make a whole. Clean it off real good and see what it says. It will say something like "Friends" on one and "Forever" on the other so that together it says "Friends Forever" or "Forever Friends" I'm sure that since it is a heart it will be mushier. Heh heh Very nice finds!

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
wooohooo ~happy dance~ gorgeous ring! and you seem to have answered the ever elusive question of how many pulltabs do you have to dig to find a gold ring.....one billion! :o Thanks so much for sharing your finds with us!! Hope the freeway driving lesson went as well as your hunt did! Congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions