Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weather is still ok here so I went out to the woods today for a couple of hours....same 'ole woods.....different area.

Came across A LOT of barbed wire and the bell was with it. My first bell to find! Went over to where the rocks end and the level

begins and found the two little musket balls and about ten feet from them I found the bullet. And the shot gun shells were on a trail.

I have a question......because these shots are not very white...does that mean they are not old? ???

Thanks!

Nana ;)

Attachments

• 120705finds.JPG
    120705finds.JPG
    40.2 KB · Views: 645
Upvote 0
A

AK in KY

By no means am I an expert but, the balls look too big not to be old. Nice bell!! HH

AK in KY

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow Nana, that tinker Bell is awesome! ?Just in time for the holidays, LOL. ?Does it still have a clapper? ?Since the lead musket balls and bullet were found in a forest area, it's possible the soil is too acidic for the lead to take on that calcium white coating. ?Nice hunt and HH, Mike

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Nana, nice bell! You've probably mentioned this in previous posts, but what was in this area way back when? Homesite, farm, battlefield? You've made some neat relic finds.

HH,

Kent

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Nana,

very nice bell; hang that on the Christmas tree this year, and as a memory in years to come.

have a good un........

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
Very nice bell Nana. That is a really nice find. And the musket balls look old. In general they will get whiter with age, but it also depends on the soil conditions and the moisture. Congrats...Lance

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Nice stuff nana! I have a bell like that but wider, they were used as doorbells alot of them, i would look where you found the bell in all metal mode for the metal thing that hooked it on to whatever. Whats that rusty metal ring thingy? definetly old musketballs, seems like your getting into the good part of your woods :)

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job nana!! WTG!!

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks yall!

I'm assuming that the little round thing next to the bell is the clapper....was in the same hole as the bell.....looks kinda big though doesn't it?

Anyhow....thanks!

Nana ;)

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
I've found bullets of all colors, Nana. I've found shotgun slugs that were as white as snow, and civil war bullets that were brown, black, as well as white.

The bell is awesome. I've never found one.

Congrats!!!

kermit

Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nana,
I would say that the musket balls are pretty old. Not many people shooting round balls anymore.....

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nana, You're doin' great. I love the bell.

Keep on finding good stuff so us Northeners have something to look at!

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Hey Nana...N I C E ! ! ! ?Seems like you're getting much more interesting finds lately. ?Personally, I think your nail collection is feeling a little neglected. ?;D ?Congratulations on the bell. ?It's a cool find. ?Keep doin' what your doin'~CO2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread