My first REAL finds

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Hey everyone. Found my first REAL relics today. I know finding a Minie ball and four round balls means little, but they are the first CW relics I've ever found. I've been a coin/jewelry hunter for almost 30 years, and just recently got the relic hunting bug, and after getting my MXT, I've been anxious to get out and find some goodies.

I went to a (planted) hunt in November, and found lots of things, but they were all planted. But today I got out, found a likely spot (in Dover Tennessee, near Fort Donelson), got permission, and started hunting. In less than 2 hours I found the five CW bullets I mentioned above.

I'm sure this is old hat for some of you, but I'm like a kid at Christmas, and my feet still haven't touched the ground!

Thanks for reading this!

By the way, all the items I found were dug on private property, with the land owners' knowledge and permission.

Roger

Upvote 0

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
You got any idea how many of us are sitting around salivating at the idea of five CW balls in one day? Don't belittle your finds because some others on here better it every day. If you found an elephant someone would swear that their XGPL machine could not only find elephants but classify and weigh them before digging!
I think those are terrific finds!(BTW I live in the "heart" of CW country and wouldn't mind those finds !!)
Congratulations and keep digging.

grizzly bare

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Ram,
congrat on your finds, sounds like some nice artifacts; hope you find many more.

have a good un...........

Kent in AL

Mar 21, 2003
N. Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Fisher CZ-6a, ID Edge
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG RamJet! I'm like you, I've hunted for coins for a while but keep thinking that one day I'll try my hand at CW relics.

Nice finds.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just love that modesty! ;)

I love to relic hunt! Those sound like some awesome finds!!!! You gotta get us a picture!!!!!

Congrats on your finds!!!

Nana ;)

OP
OP
ramjet2187

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Hello again, all.

I can't seem to figure out how to attach the photos, so I'll have to keep trying on that, but I am using a White's MXT which I got only about 6 weeks ago, and as far as the bullets, the Minie and two of the round balls are drops, and the other two round balls appear to have been fired. At least they have flat sides on them. They don't have any rifling on them. Were they fired from smooth-bored guns, then?

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds good, can you provide some pics??

HH

Lonewolfe

lasttoknow (Tim)

Dec 5, 2005
Spanaway Washington
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac And Whites Quantum Pro
Nice finds. Puke.... Just kidding.? I'm so jealous. My history of early settlements in Washington only goes back to maybe the mid 1800s. Your soooooo lucky to be blessed living in such a rich historic area.. May you be blessed with more finds....

Attachments

• crying.gif
    crying.gif
    1.6 KB · Views: 320
OP
OP
ramjet2187

ramjet2187

Nov 29, 2005
North Central Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT
Well that one worked. THANKS Nana!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's some more of that day. I can't take very good close ups, so they look a bit blurry, but there's 4 round balls, and the one Minie. Gotta love them CW relics.

Did I mentin these are my 'First REAL finds?' I know you all are sick of me saying that.

Good luck to all.

Roger

Attachments

• IMG_0469.JPG
    IMG_0469.JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 185

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is such a thrill to dig those things!! I have a spot where I find the round them here in Germany and I never get tired of them.The second one from the left looks like it has a hole drilled.There should be lots of other stuff still to find!Good luck and merry Christmas. :)

R

rvbvetter

Great finds!!! I don't blame you for walking on air.

It's funny that grizzly bare mentioned finding elephants.
Cause that's what I just found. My detector didn't tell me if it's east Indian or african elephant.
But it's an elephant. I'll get a picture up as soon as I can get one taken. HH

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last elephant I found was when I took my granddaughter to the zoo. She was reading the sign on the fence (she's seven) which read African Elephant. She read it "A frickin' Elephant"! So, don't give up, there are frickin' elephants out there to be found! Monty

Z

ZumbroKid

Monty said:
The last elephant I found was when I took my granddaughter to the zoo.? She was reading the sign on the fence (she's seven) which read African Elephant.? She read it "A frickin' Elephant"!? So, don't give up, there are frickin' elephants out there to be found!? Monty?
This is a good one monty put it in the book. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread