I found one....:D

denverjoe04

Feb 25, 2008
Denver
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Most of you wont think this is exciting but I do lol. I have been getting skunked left and right....so i finally got sick of hunting essments and parks and decided to drive around older neighborhoods to find demoed lots, theres alot here. I found two lots that the houses were wiped clean side by side...so I decided to go out and hunt...1st lot nothing!!! second lot I found a bunch of clad...and on my way out got a nice little single and out popped a mercury dime, my 1st! :blob9: so I stuck to that lot a little more...found nothing...hit the 1st lot one more time and found a wheatie...not bad
mercury was a 45' cant makeout the mint :(
the wheatie was a 57' D

Picture526.jpg

Upvote 0

Marc(NB)

Apr 21, 2008
N.B. Canada
Detector(s) used
currently use Sov XS2A Pro,Ace 250,past detectors Garrett 1000 PM,Whites Prizm 2,Fisher 1280X,Tesoro Golden Umax
keep looking n digging theres more out there :thumbsup:

Ray in CA

Oct 11, 2007
Quincy, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari with SEF 8x6; coming soon: FORS Gold+
denverjoe04 said:
decided to drive around older neighborhoods to find demoed lots, theres alot here.

First, a Merc is ALWAYS exciting!! Not just because it's silver, but it lets you know there may be potential for more silver.

Secondly, I wish we all had lots of demo lots around us to detect! You're very fortunate to have some close by. Remember to swing slowly, and keep your disc down to get the nickels and gold!!

Happy hunting.

Ray

Idaho PRB

May 21, 2005
South Central Idaho
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70, Ace 250
I was wondering if you worry about getting permission to detect the vacant lots? We have some here too and I always track down the owner first, just to avoid that uncomfortable conversation.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on that first, Joe! :thumbsup: The next one will be easy to find, now!

Nana :wink:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finding silver is ALWAYS exciting.... the last one just as much as the first one! WTG Good work! TTC

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WTG D..Joe. That's the way to get the red stuff pumpin'. Several years ago I found 17 clad dimes in one hole at the bottom of a sledding hill. Some poor kid coughed up a pocket full. Like my brother (TerryC) says.... "it's everywhere!".

OP
OP
denverjoe04

denverjoe04

Feb 25, 2008
Denver
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
if there are signs on the vacant lots I dont detect there....but most of these are just shacks that have been torn down to make way for mansions...im going to try to get info on demo permits in the city...its public info and it will make it a lot easier to find lots lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread