I found one....:D

denverjoe04

Feb 25, 2008
Denver
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Most of you wont think this is exciting but I do lol. I have been getting skunked left and right....so i finally got sick of hunting essments and parks and decided to drive around older neighborhoods to find demoed lots, theres alot here. I found two lots that the houses were wiped clean side by side...so I decided to go out and hunt...1st lot nothing!!! second lot I found a bunch of clad...and on my way out got a nice little single and out popped a mercury dime, my 1st! :blob9: so I stuck to that lot a little more...found nothing...hit the 1st lot one more time and found a wheatie...not bad
mercury was a 45' cant makeout the mint :(
the wheatie was a 57' D

Picture526.jpg

Upvote 0
keep looking n digging theres more out there :thumbsup:

denverjoe04 said:
decided to drive around older neighborhoods to find demoed lots, theres alot here.

First, a Merc is ALWAYS exciting!! Not just because it's silver, but it lets you know there may be potential for more silver.

Secondly, I wish we all had lots of demo lots around us to detect! You're very fortunate to have some close by. Remember to swing slowly, and keep your disc down to get the nickels and gold!!

Happy hunting.

Ray

I was wondering if you worry about getting permission to detect the vacant lots? We have some here too and I always track down the owner first, just to avoid that uncomfortable conversation.

Congrats on that first, Joe! :thumbsup: The next one will be easy to find, now!

Nana :wink:

Finding silver is ALWAYS exciting.... the last one just as much as the first one! WTG Good work! TTC

WTG D..Joe. That's the way to get the red stuff pumpin'. Several years ago I found 17 clad dimes in one hole at the bottom of a sledding hill. Some poor kid coughed up a pocket full. Like my brother (TerryC) says.... "it's everywhere!".

if there are signs on the vacant lots I dont detect there....but most of these are just shacks that have been torn down to make way for mansions...im going to try to get info on demo permits in the city...its public info and it will make it a lot easier to find lots lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back