I found “the all-time most fun toy” bar none!

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
In my early childhood I heard my elders cite their favorite toys. With dreamy eyes they’d expound about the joys found in rolling an iron hoop with a stick. Nothing was a better toy. The junk I played with couldn’t hold the proverbial candle to the hoop.
Today I found one! No, seriously! It had a large tree root growing through it. This did not daunt my efforts. After all, this is the Hope Diamond 💎of toy land. I also found a broken square nail, harmonica reed plate piece, misc iron and copper.
I only have one question: how much should I insure this for, in case of theft? I consider it up there with unicorn poop; never thought I’d see it.
Thanks for playing along.😎

Attachments

• IMG_2233.jpeg
    IMG_2233.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 195
  • IMG_2234.jpeg
    IMG_2234.jpeg
    831.8 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 38

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

jewelerguy

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2011
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had all kinds of really cool toys when I was growing up but kinda forgot about them when I figured out what kind of fun you could have with girls.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in my dads day the kids in town used to get old flat pieces of metal and climb up this bridge over the Snake River in Idaho, and slide down the cables....

175525860_3096e29fce_b.jpg
That"s QUITE a BRIDGE !! I sure am glad I do not have to cross it !!!! :)

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That"s QUITE a BRIDGE !! I sure am glad I do not have to cross it !!!! :)
talk about fun, not only did they slide down those cables, but they used to scale the cliff walls to get UNDER the bridge and pan for gold. They even had a sluice box, AND they would use mercury to form an amalgam which they would then burn off...in the open air. I remember being on the edge of that cliff once asking "how did you get down there".... he pointed to a "NOT PATH" and said we just used that path! Boys had FUN in the '20's for sure!

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Remember the original big, black Superballs? I got one from the variety store. I went out in the parking lot and bounced it a few times. It was amazing compared to other balls. I slammed it hard, to see how high it would go. Too much angle. I never saw it again. 😁

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I hit one on a pitch with a baseball bat.... that was awesome!
I can only imagine. I gotta look them up. I can’t remember if they were Hasbro or Whamm-o. I want to say Whamm-o. I think I got mine around 1967. It was black and had the atomic symbol on it. I’m guessing it was close to 2” in diameter. After losing the first one, I eventually got another and was more careful with it.

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can only imagine. I gotta look them up. I can’t remember if they were Hasbro or Whamm-o. I want to say Whamm-o. I think I got mine around 1967. It was black and had the atomic symbol on it. I’m guessing it was close to 2” in diameter. After losing the first one, I eventually got another and was more careful with it.
My wife bought one a couple years ago. They aren't what they used to be.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread