I found the missing dirt!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lucky you!

Hope you find some good stuff!

HH

Lonewolfe

a4wdguy

Mar 10, 2005
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TDI, DFX, M6, XLT, XL Pro, CM 6000 Di Pro, Beach Hunter ID 300, Beach Hunter ID, Surfmaster P.I.(Plus)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow :o
What state is this in? ???
In fact, if you don't mind, I'd appreciate it if you narrowed the location down as much as you are comfortable with.
What I'm trying to understand is, is this like a western town where the streets and walkways weren't paved until after the turn of the century or something? Any kind of local history you could give, and what led to you detect this particular location would be very educational for me.

;D

Warren

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Free, I understand about those old coins. Still trying to find a good map of an old oil boom town 9 mi. W of me. Had 2 H.S., 6 grade schools, and I forgot how many boarding houses. The main street had a wood boardwalk 3 mi. LONG. There's been silver $1's, IH's, and at least one $5 gold. It had a pop of about 30,000 in mid to late 20's and was nation's largest casing head gas plant.

B

bobcat

Have fun.. Oh by the way... where did you say that dirt was. Lucky lady!!!!!!!! Bobcat

R

rvbvetter

A half mile down the road from me, trucks have been dumping piles of dirt in about a 2 acre site since last week. Don't know from where. So sunday i ran my detector over the piles. No coins but plenty of metal odds and ends. This afternoon i went by and they had spread the dirt out over the lot. So i'm goimg back saturday to try again. If they shut down early enough, maybe i can get to detect some during the next few days as well. free2dtect; Can't wait to see what you find. Good luck Find a gold one.

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
I think that Free is always lookin to get a little dirt on somethin or someone & that this may just be another of her success stories. At least she seems to just have dirty hands. Spotz

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions