I found USA coins in Saudi Arabia desert

IbrahimKSA

Greenie
Jun 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys first sorr for my bad English language .. I just bought my Garrett ace 250 before 2days .. And today decide to go to Desert to explore my area and what maybe my desert I found in... And when i search I found this USA coins lol.. My first coins not Saudi coins its ****ing USA coins haha .. And my question who lost his coins in the desert lol ... It's from 1990 coins???
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Upvote 18
OP
OP
I

IbrahimKSA

Greenie
Jun 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thx guys for comments again .. And I'll go to same spot again these days cause the weather too hot here8-)

If you are in the area where the US and other countries made their way to fight Hussen then you may find a lot. Soldier sleep on the sand and stuff would fall out of their pockets. If you find any personnel items post them, we like to get items returned to owner or family.

I agree with u beans if I found something personal I'm glad to returned to owner family... They fight for us and we respect that.:goldmedalred:

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Interesting read and not much value for the coin itself, but there may be value due to the history of it as you know it was certainly carried by a U.S. soldier at the beginning of the gulf war. It will depend on who may be interested in such a historical coin as to what you may get for it, but it won't be much I'm sure. You may find more to go with it and if you sell it then sign a paper verifying you found it in that part of the desert that the U.S. soldiers were camped at otherwise the buyer has no proof of anything.

OP
OP
I

IbrahimKSA

Greenie
Jun 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting read and not much value for the coin itself, but there may be value due to the history of it as you know it was certainly carried by a U.S. soldier at the beginning of the gulf war. It will depend on who may be interested in such a historical coin as to what you may get for it, but it won't be much I'm sure. You may find more to go with it and if you sell it then sign a paper verifying you found it in that part of the desert that the U.S. soldiers were camped at otherwise the buyer has no proof of anything.

Yh almost u alright.. My research soon maybe give me signs to approve this place was as a camp for USA army .. :thumbsup:

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice detecting, and welcome to T-Net.:occasion14:
Marvin

neodetectorist

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2016
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro W Stock coil, Fisher F2 W 8" Concentric and 9.5" NEL DD, XPointer pin pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It would be interesting to see a live dig in the desert.
Would you use beach tools and sifters?

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
congrats on the find, welcome to Tnet and Mding
what other stuff did you find, if you can pics of your
finds in the sand when found would be cool

how deep was the nickle

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
We carried POGS mostly. Paper coins.

They didn't weigh as much, easier to transport, didn't rattle in your pocket.

Look for these as well- they may have survived the environment due to the low moisture content. (non metallic, so you will have to see them)

Best of luck.

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 3.09.01 PM.png

OP
OP
I

IbrahimKSA

Greenie
Jun 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It would be interesting to see a live dig in the desert.
Would you use beach tools and sifters?

It was a little difficult to dig in the dessert cause some area is soft and other like mountain is hard I ordered some stuff from Amazon helping me dig easily it will arrive soon.. Thx for asking.

OP
OP
I

IbrahimKSA

Greenie
Jun 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats on the find, welcome to Tnet and Mding
what other stuff did you find, if you can pics of your
finds in the sand when found would be cool

how deep was the nickle

I'll go again soon cause the weather too dusty theses days.. Any good stuff I found I'll share with u..
Also I surprised why the nickle on the service of the ground ... I didn't dig to pick it

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
It may have surfaced due to the winds blowing the sands off of the coin. If there is much of that type of thing with blowing sands, there may be things buried many feet down as well. The constantly changing sand levels could mean a fresh new search is in order periodically as the detectors only go so far down and winds can bury them way down or uncover them. To add it being a desert area, this is allot of MDing.

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ibrahim - Ramadan kareem!

i spent 12 years in KSA, and part of the time had a detecter. My best find was a 2nd century AD Roman coin from a junkyard south of Riyadh.

first - friday mid day is your friend - everybody is home lunching or napping after Friday prayers - no prying eyes.

I assume you are in the Eastern Province. The old hand-dug wells in the watering places between the coast, the Nejd and north of Riyadh would always yield a few old coins.

you might find out if the Antiquities Department is extending any encouragement to amateurs to assist in surveys - or if it's like the old days - tell no-one what you are doing.

As we used to say "all that is permitted is compulsory - all else is forbidden!"

fi amman illah!

OP
OP
I

IbrahimKSA

Greenie
Jun 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ibrahim - Ramadan kareem!

i spent 12 years in KSA, and part of the time had a detecter. My best find was a 2nd century AD Roman coin from a junkyard south of Riyadh.

first - friday mid day is your friend - everybody is home lunching or napping after Friday prayers - no prying eyes.

I assume you are in the Eastern Province. The old hand-dug wells in the watering places between the coast, the Nejd and north of Riyadh would always yield a few old coins.

you might find out if the Antiquities Department is extending any encouragement to amateurs to assist in surveys - or if it's like the old days - tell no-one what you are doing.

As we used to say "all that is permitted is compulsory - all else is forbidden!"

fi amman illah!

hey rick - ramadan kareem for u also.
u rely alright for all what u write.. and rely happy to hear u were in riadh.. i can take some knowledge from u rick.
and believe me no one knowing what i am doing there. and i hope no one catching me :)

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what a coincidence! I found Saudi oil in my car today!

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
To reciprocate here is a coin from your part of the world I found over here in Kansas, a state not near the water or any major international ports or airports but pretty much right in the middle of our country.
A coin from Jordan...modern and worth about 15 cents in our money.
A lucky find, it comes in as iron which at the time I usually never set my detector to hit on that but on this hunt I did and for some strange reason decided to dig it.
I have found lots of coins from different countries here, about 15 different countries from all over the world because people travel and coins travel with them.
Not much love for a lot of them because like this one and several other bi-metal mostly steel coins I have found they do come in at iron...something most of us avoid most of the time.
None of our coins come in that low in this country under most normal conditions and that may eventually change but I sure hope not for a long time.

Attachments

• jordan.jpg
    jordan.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
OP
OP
I

IbrahimKSA

Greenie
Jun 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To reciprocate here is a coin from your part of the world I found over here in Kansas, a state not near the water or any major international ports or airports but pretty much right in the middle of our country.
A coin from Jordan...modern and worth about 15 cents in our money.
A lucky find, it comes in as iron which at the time I usually never set my detector to hit on that but on this hunt I did and for some strange reason decided to dig it.
I have found lots of coins from different countries here, about 15 different countries from all over the world because people travel and coins travel with them.
Not much love for a lot of them because like this one and several other bi-metal mostly steel coins I have found they do come in at iron...something most of us avoid most of the time.
None of our coins come in that low in this country under most normal conditions and that may eventually change but I sure hope not for a long time.

yh u alright .... but i found my coin in desert ..belong for usa army... this my point here.

Baja

Sep 9, 2015
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur ll -
Minelab CTX-3030 -
White's Spectra V3i -
w/ Sun Ray DX-1 probe -
Fisher F75 ProArc -
w/ Sun Ray Invader FX-1 probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ibrahim, are you located in Dhahran?

Kwillie

May 28, 2016
Galveston Tx
Detector(s) used
Teknetics D 4000
Minelab excalibur II
Minelab go find 20
Garrett AT Pro.
Garrett ATX Deepseeker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ibrahim I spent 8 years in KSA, US Army OPM SANG, I have some items from your country. Check out the pics. 2 years Jiddah, 2 years Daharan & AL Hasa & 4 years AL Riyadh. 20160619_170451.jpg

By the way check my photo dog (kalb) is Saluki brought her back with me. Her name is Lucy Saluki.

Last edited:

oyat

May 8, 2016
kuala batoeh
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
xterra 705, nox 800 , nox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
assalamualaikm

nice item , seem like people say its maybe from soldier .
nice item keep looking who know you find item from badar war later :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread