Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was in New Orleans I had to go handle something and of course my truck brings me to The Old Spanish Fort. Now the reason why I’m not afraid to tell people where I go it’s because I don’t think they have what it takes to get the fines I’m getting at this point in the history. It’s already been ran over by the archaeologist at LSU then there’s the white shelves then below the white shelves maybe at 5 inches you start hitting on the red brick because it was also hey amusement park at one time this structure has dirt from the 17th 18th 19th and 20 century also add in the cold which I didn’t even know what it was it’s a black rock that must have iron in it or something but it picks it up so between the brick the white shells but oysters the pool tabs the aluminum and all that from the 20th century you got a put in work.

I only had one hour to dig but me and my machine we’re on the same train and I’m a go back and hit it tomorrow. I found this two-piece button that the 800 smack at a 14 I have no idea what it is if anybody knows please help me IMG_0621.jpg
IMG_0622.jpg
Then I got the good old War Nickel IMG_0623.jpg
Then I picked up a vehicle in terrible shape I could just see a star on the left-hand side so I know it’s a V-Nickel IMG_0625.jpg
IMG_0624.jpg
And let’s not leave out our lead you know we love them IMG_0626.jpg
Again anybody know how I can find out about this button please let me know because it’s very rare I get buttons out of there although I did get 2 script “I” buttons From there but who’s counting LOL IMG_0619.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 16

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Record of American Uniform and Historical Buttons, Bicentennial Edition by Alphaeus Albert. You can also get Uniform Buttons of the United States 1776-1865 by Warren K. Tice, the Tice book will kill your checkbook. Or just post what you find and someone here, including me, can find out for you. Amazon or Ebay will have either one. From time to time. You can always google and button if you're close to an ID, but watch a place like Ebay, there are a lot of fakes on it, mainly the CAST brass CW buttons.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Record of American Uniform and Historical Buttons, Bicentennial Edition by Alphaeus Albert. You can also get Uniform Buttons of the United States 1776-1865 by Warren K. Tice, the Tice book will kill your checkbook. Or just post what you find and someone here, including me, can find out for you. Amazon or Ebay will have either one. From time to time. You can always google and button if you're close to an ID, but watch a place like Ebay, there are a lot of fakes on it, mainly the CAST brass CW buttons.

This is one that I think is the closest but mine has no starin the circle below.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both are variations of the same thing. About the same price.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No - War of 1812. Battle of New Orleans and all that.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice! Midtones is where the gold hides, good luck at that site. :occasion14:

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! Midtones is where the gold hides, good luck at that site. :occasion14:

Hey Professor I hope all is well there’s some days where I just say I’m going to only mid-tomes It’s rough but you learn a lot every time you do it

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread