I have a gripe with Garrett and the AT Pro!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a gripe with Garrett and the AT Pro. I know Garrett is made in Texas maybe by real Americans, but why does the manual for the AT Pro have to be so thick with the addition of a Spanish section. Granted the manual is small enough to fit in a pair of blue jeans but it would fit better if it wasn't so thick with the Spanish section. At least the English section was in the front for now, but how about later. Is it that Garrett feels the need to want street signs printed in different languages too or are they just hoping to save money by printing one manual. This is a main gripe of mine so if you don't like it. Too bad... :headbang:

Jerry-Wi

Mar 21, 2009
I went on Garrett's site and downloaded the manual, printed it out with full size pages and put it in it's own binder. I prefer that to the one supplied.

Hope you enjoy the At Pro. It is going to be a while before I can doing any hunting with mine.

Jerry

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
I don't think anything should be put into a second language in the USA.There's ample oportunity for everyone to learn english.

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Saturna said:
Sandman said:
I know Garrett is made in Texas maybe by real Americans ...

As opposed to fake Americans ?

No, just illegal immigrants. Learn the language of this land and speak what your comfortable with in your home.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is getting old with just about everything in at least two languages... I mean come on, if your gonna live here in the USA, then speak and learn english.. cut n dry.. stop catering to those who either wont learn it..or just dont want too, its bs.. and a waste of money as well.. but then again if your talking money, all the foreigners sure can count it right, don't even get me started on this subject it just fries my butt.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman said:
Saturna said:
Sandman said:
I know Garrett is made in Texas maybe by real Americans ...

As opposed to fake Americans ?

No, just illegal immigrants. Learn the language of this land and speak what your comfortable with in your home.
I get pissed every time i see signs in stores on the street with our english and then some other language.......This was at one time a good America to live in but we are going to hell fast..........

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to chuckle at this... because i made a call this morning. The first thing the phone said was press one for english. Ive had that conversation with.. HI MY NAME IS BOB HOW MAY I HELP YOU as well. Bob obviously was reading it off a screen and couldnt help me. Grabbing anything in a food store frustrates me as well... first thing i have to do is try and find the english instruction to cook it. Funny i need a passport to get OUT of the US now. But thats the way things are going when you no longer own the business or country you live in. Im getting old i think.

Dew

sandnsea49

Jan 16, 2005
Temperance, MI summer-Sarasota, FL winter
Detector(s) used
Etrac, XP Deus, Excalibur 1000, Whites Dual Field PI, Makro Multi Kruzer
When the Irish or Polish or German people came to this country they learned

english. they didn't demand to have every thing printed in their language as well as english. If you want to live in the good ole USA, speak and read english or go home. Do other countries have this problem?

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well there might be hope if the dollar keeps falling and i hope it really does'nt but maybe the illegals will stop coming in because they might have it better after they see were bankrupt and it won't do them no good to come here!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
when the dollar tanks == and they earn as much or more money by staying at home they will stay home and work at the factory jobs that our leaders let major corperations shift overseas rather than coming here * you will not need to worry about the illegals , -- once jobs here in the usa pay the same as overseas they will be no need to use "cheap" illegal labor . YOU will do the work at "the going rate" or starve.

outdoors

Jun 23, 2008
el cajon, california
Detector(s) used
GTI2500, GTAX550, MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO,
PROPOINTER, GARRETT AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What about when you are at the banks ATM machine how many languages are there now, at my ATM machine there are about seven
differant ones. I went into the bank to talk to the manager and he replied (I know, other people have asked the same question
and he doesn't like it ether, nothing I can do about it)....
what about when you go to their country do you see English anywhere h...ll no!

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are our own worst enemy because we are greedy. I have a friend the lives in AZ and he complains all the time about the illegals invading his state, but when he hires laborers, he hires illegals because they accept less money.

When we stop all the free health care, food stamps, and such things will slow down.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
outdoors said:
What about when you are at the banks ATM machine how many languages are there now, at my ATM machine there are about seven
differant ones. I went into the bank to talk to the manager and he replied (I know, other people have asked the same question
and he doesn't like it ether, nothing I can do about it)....
what about when you go to their country do you see English anywhere h...ll no!

Most banks do that for foreign tourists. I was in Europe a few years ago and their ATM's used multiple languages (including English, thank goodness) for that reason. They just wanted to make it easier for tourists to get money instead of having to run to the foreign currency exchange office so much.

So that one, at least, has a reasonable explanation.

metalman

Dec 16, 2004
franklin square new york
hay sandman you put the nail in the coffin with what you said. and as far as putting things in english in other countries they dont have to because i dont plan on going anywhere else but here in the good old USA. well at least it use to be good

outdoors

Jun 23, 2008
el cajon, california
Detector(s) used
GTI2500, GTAX550, MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO,
PROPOINTER, GARRETT AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sumdge.. tourist is not the reason for banks for doing this and you can't say it is, its been going on for years and it's gotten worst....
they are in the bank at the teller and can't speak a word of English and they been living here for years!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread