Minelab CTX-3030, Minelab Exalibur II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
30 hours of searching and moving my area out a little further paid off. The tersoro found it late this afternoon. My sub is all and well after spending 16 days underwater. Rolex's are definately waterproof. Thanks everyone for your input. Here is a pic i took on the way home. Yeahh baby its back!:hello2:

Congrats on the recovery!!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job on recovering your watch buddy. And for what its worth your not the only moron around here... I've done some pretty stupid things myself and made fun of myself. BUT AT LEAST WE'RE HONEST MORON'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good job... now hang around and have some fun with us because you'll fit right in.

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe we should make him feel REALLY welcome and make his Rolex a BANNER find!!! :laughing7:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
30 hours of searching and moving my area out a little further paid off. The tersoro found it late this afternoon. My sub is all and well after spending 16 days underwater. Rolex's are definately waterproof. Thanks everyone for your input. Here is a pic i took on the way home. Yeahh baby its back!:hello2:

There shall come a time once again when a moron will lose a Rolex in a river..... and we will be waiting!!!

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe we should make him feel REALLY welcome and make his Rolex a BANNER find!!! :laughing7:

BVI... Your saying that only because you like his Rolex better than my horseshoe finds. I'm gonna post my horseshoes from now on... especially when I find the "Golden" one. If you can post old irons I'm gonna post iron horseshoes and vote banner for myself. I'll take ya on, on land but not the water. I take that back... your ahead there also. Yea... BANNER for the Rolex...?????:occasion14:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
BVI... Your saying that only because you like his Rolex better than my horseshoe finds. I'm gonna post my horseshoes from now on... especially when I find the "Golden" one. If you can post old irons I'm gonna post iron horseshoes and vote banner for myself. I'll take ya on, on land but not the water. I take that back... your ahead there also. Yea... BANNER for the Rolex...?????:occasion14:
Kauto Star had a set. Keep lookin Limitool! :laughing7: Fran Jurga`s Hoof Blog: News from Hoofcare + Lameness: Kauto Star's Horseshoes Are As Good as Gold: British Jump Champion Is a Golden Oldie in the Winner's Circle

elf-on-guard2-231x300.jpg

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If he found two then he would be BVI'ing! :laughing7:

Well done finding your Rolex! Congrats! Nice reunion...leave it home next time.

Limitool- if you follow that horse around long enough....Ta Da! Golden horse shoe! :hello2:

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If he found two then he would be BVI'ing! :laughing7:

Well done finding your Rolex! Congrats! Nice reunion...leave it home next time.

Limitool- if you follow that horse around long enough....Ta Da! Golden horse shoe! :hello2:

What the hell is this guy doing with MY golden horseshoe? I think it is a fake... I just know it's buried on this old dirt road somewhere...??? I'll show you folks....!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe I'll find a 1853 golden Rolex.

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that watch is probably a mile upstream now. River currents can be very strong esp. after storms. Scuba gear might be in order. Good luck!
oh you found it! amazing!

Last edited:

maipenrai

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2010
Thailand/Europe/California
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 2 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do realize, that you were extremely lucky to find your watch? Not everyday someone can lose their watch in the middle of a river and ever see it again.

johnpera

Greenie
Jul 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was bowhunting the Haul Rd and slipped on fell on a patch of ice coming off a ridge. When I busted it, my knife slid right beside me, but I remembered placing it in my pack. So I checked my pack to find the lower zipper was not secured. I back tracked my route and found a few other items until I felt certain I had all my gear back. I guess sometimes it pays to be clumsy!

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Congrats on your recovery.
So, did the metal detecting bug/ hobby/addiction bite you after this misadventure??

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I still don't understand how a piece of stainless steel can cost so much…….. I guess when a person has a lot of money they don't mind paying that kind of money for some item that is only worth around $100.00 give or take ………. I don't have a watch now i don't need one with my cell phone..

OP
OP
G

Gwozhog

Tenderfoot
Jun 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
If you buy a Submariner and hold onto it for 3-5 years you will most likely sell it for more than you paid for it. How many other luxury items in life can you say that about. They are like a savings account you get to wear and enjoy on your wrist at the same time. Just dont lose the POS in a river.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread