I might have just solved my ongoing supply issues!!!

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
So I havent really made a post about any good finds, as I have lost my primary supply bank and have had a hard time finding another bank that would be willing to order. I've opened up a few accounts over the last couple of months to test the waters, and nothing really materialized, but I finally opened an account with PNC and so far so good. I should get a call tomorrow from a couple of the branches confirming if they would place orders for half dollar coins.

I really hope that it works out, because I found myself depositing a few checks yesterday AND I walked out of the bank without asking if they had any halves or big dollar coins!!! That is blasphemy and I need to get back to the good ol days where I would always be hunting (ABH :]). Anyways did pick up 5 bucks loose halves today and scored a filthy 1968 Kennedy!

Upvote 0

JeffG

May 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job on asking today and hope the new branches work out.

Good luck,

Jeff

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hope it works out for you Sack! HH, Maverick.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck, i don't know what will happen if my main bank cuts me off for ordering, or my main bank for dumping cuts me off...

OP
OP
sack0silver

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Great news, got a voicemail this morning, looks like I am good to go. The vault teller even went ahead and ordered me 2 boxes of halves and I did not even expressly ask yet, or actually return her phone call. I am pumped! I am thinking if I can get 1 more branch to order me 1-2 boxes of halves, and a 3rd to order me 2-3 dime boxes, I would be a very happy camper. I wont be able to do double digit volume as some on here on Tnet, but maybe one day.

Walla183

Sep 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great news, got a voicemail this morning, looks like I am good to go. The vault teller even went ahead and ordered me 2 boxes of halves and I did not even expressly ask yet, or actually return her phone call. I am pumped! I am thinking if I can get 1 more branch to order me 1-2 boxes of halves, and a 3rd to order me 2-3 dime boxes, I would be a very happy camper. I wont be able to do double digit volume as some on here on Tnet, but maybe one day.

You don't need to do double digit boxes to enjoy this. This is your hobby, go at your own pace. Remember, success comes from staying under the radar.

OP
OP
sack0silver

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I know I dont, I think my best week was 12-14 boxes, but I totally could manage 30-40 but even if I can lock up the orders, I have no way to continuously dump that volume.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I know I dont, I think my best week was 12-14 boxes, but I totally could manage 30-40 but even if I can lock up the orders, I have no way to continuously dump that volume.

It is hard to dump all that dumping 1000 at a time, I tried it this week, rerolling and dumping, I did 16 boxes, uuhhgg, that was just tooo much driving and work for me. Bags are much easier if you can do it that way, but you have to have some decent bank roll to do it. I'm just going to stick with my 12 or so a week and do a few more only occasionally, it turns to much into work and not a hobby trying to kill it on the Silver every week and takes away from the family time too. HH, Maverick.

jr98119

Sep 21, 2011
The Paris of Appalachia
Detector(s) used
bare hands
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I havent really made a post about any good finds, as I have lost my primary supply bank and have had a hard time finding another bank that would be willing to order. I've opened up a few accounts over the last couple of months to test the waters, and nothing really materialized, but I finally opened an account with PNC and so far so good. I should get a call tomorrow from a couple of the branches confirming if they would place orders for half dollar coins.

I really hope that it works out, because I found myself depositing a few checks yesterday AND I walked out of the bank without asking if they had any halves or big dollar coins!!! That is blasphemy and I need to get back to the good ol days where I would always be hunting (ABH :]). Anyways did pick up 5 bucks loose halves today and scored a filthy 1968 Kennedy!

Good luck to you. I have always found PNC to be VERY accomodating.

OP
OP
sack0silver

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Woo recurring order set. Picked up a box today and got a shinny 1969 Ken. Also got 50 bucks in machine rolled dimes, see what happens.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread