I saw grass today

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Today was the first day in months that the weather was actually above 40 (44). My son and I were in the driveway hitting small chunks of ice with our pitching wedges when I came to the realization that if it was this warm up here on the mountain it should be even warmer down in town, So we grabbed the Prizm III and head down to town. We stopped at the first park we came to (Beatty Park). There were actually places where there was no snow, I couldn't believe it, there was grass showing!! So Jack and I (Jack's my son) commenced to detecting. We dug up a considerable number of pull tabs, a Pringles lid, part of an aluminum can a metal pointy thing (in the picture), a 1999 Penny and a Bass Guitar string key. I figured that wasn't too bad for about 40 minutes of work (The ground was as soft as sand). We would have stayed longer but it started to rain so we called it a day and went to Subway and got a couple of sandwiches! It was just great to finally get out and look for something. I'm still trying to figure out the settings but I'm certain that a couple more times out and I should have it.

Attachments

• mar10finds.jpg
    mar10finds.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 158

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Snow! Heck we already mowed once and it needs it again. LOL But it's great that you were aglbe to get out for a bit. HH!

A

absalon

Toby,

What settings are you working on with your III? I have a II (I call it my "II.v") that I have been using for a couple of years. Maybe I can assist?

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread