talking pays off

randall61

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2004
Guntersville,Alabama
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x2,viper trident
I was at work pumping concrete & i started talking to this nice dressed guy,being we were in downtown marietta(shermans HQ for battle around atlanta) metal detecting came up, turns out he owns the property!He has another lot that has'nt been touched since the house was bulldozed.the house was built around 1922.he pulls out a b/c and writes out permission for me to hunt it on the back,his no. on the front if i have any problems.IM thinking wow then he said shoot me an e-mail and he will sent me the platt for the lot.sometimes it pays to talk about our hobby wish me luck.

Randall

T

TreasureTales

LOL, how cool is that? Wishing you more than good luck, wishing you'd invite me along. LOL Hope you'll send the guy a thank you note when you're finished. Seriously, it could open up more opportunites some day - maybe for something other than metal detecting.

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing like detecting with the owners authority - always make me feel at least a few inches taller ;D

larrybass

Jan 12, 2006
Ottawa, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Amigo
Good goin' there Randall! 8) That's been one of the best paying tips I've ever heard of and used over the years. Talk to anyone and everyone, about this hobby, anytime and anywhere! 8) You know, it's easy to get all caught up in our hobbies and sort of try to keep everything to ourselves most times. The thing is, the more people we talk to, the more chances we have to find out stuff ourselves. Like don't be afraid to ask them stuff, especially when they've initially approached you. ;) I've had many folks tell me of where they thought would be a good spot, when I asked them if they knew of any old places around. I even ask them why they think so, to make sure they aren't just guessing or something. Facts from valid sources, about local places usually produce very good results! 8)

So Ya, keep talkin' to people about our hobby now folks, use Randall's example here to encourage you to do so, everyday. 8)

Let us know how you do after you've hit the old lot buddy. :)

lb

King-John

Jan 14, 2007
Grass Valley, Ca.
Detector(s) used
E-Trac/X1 Probe, Whites 6000 XL pro, Ace 250,
Randall

Concrete Pumper ;D
I own a concrete pumping service here in CA. ;D
I love to get in those old neighborhoods, specially on foundation pours, lots of history gets exposed ;D

Ronin9868

Jan 2, 2007
South Eastern VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab SE, 12x15 and the 10x12 Butterfly Excel, 12.5 Excel,18.5 Excel
Wow, Talk about being at the right place at the right time. Congrats!!! Keep us posted on your digs.
Roy HH

NorCal 6er

Aug 24, 2006
chowchilla, ca
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, GMT, XLT, Fisher C$, Gold Bug 2, 1225, 1220, Minelab SD2200v2
A little small talk may turn into something big...WTG

HH
Joe

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
That is great news. Let us know what you find. Look forward to seeing some pics of your finds too. Sounds like a super guy to send you the plats too. Good Luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions