I saw her walking, she looked tired, so I took her home.

Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Whites Surf II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found her walking and she looked a little worn and tired so I gave her a lift home and she is now looking great. Wow, a 1919 silver half dollar ‘Walker’.

I am excited. I am trying out my new system of hunting. I figured a way to transport everything I need for metal detecting on my motorcycle. It saves gas, I enjoy the heck out of it, and, I can metal detect in places I won’t want to take my van. This time it is on the ‘wrong side of the tracks’ at an abandoned church. I dug over 37 pennies including 4 ‘wheaties’ and assorted dimes and nickels before I found her. She was 6 inches down among the roots along with a number of pennies of later vintage.

I was digging and digging among the roots a getting nothing but recent pennies. Every time when I thought I got them all I would do another sweep the make sure and I would get another “ping”. I said to myself, “it’s hot and I am tired and I just don’t want to dig it”. But after finding my first ever ‘wheaties’ that day I was determined to find more. Then, I saw that shiny large coin in the dirt I couldn’t believe my eyes or my luck. I did it! I have seen them on the Treasure Net but never did I think I would find one too.

What a day – my first ‘wheaties’, my first large silver, and my oldest coin. It’s an addicting hobby that just when you say, “I am wasting my time”, it brings you back for more!

Thanks for sharing my fun.

TE

Attachments

• Church5.jpg
    Church5.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 1,131
  • church4.jpg
    church4.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,120
  • church1.jpg
    church1.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,123
  • Church2.jpg
    Church2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,120
  • Church3.jpg
    Church3.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 1,108
Upvote 0

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats DayDream on the Walker :occasion14:

It sure IS an addicting hobby...only cure is more hunting old sites ! Pretty impossible to smoke or snort Walking Liberty half dollars !! LOL :laughing9: :sign10:

Sorry I could'nt resist saying that :tongue3:

WTG !! :headbang: :hello2: :headbang:

D. :walk:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread