Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brandon and I were out detecting.. I found this weird coin which I like a IDIOT came home and tried to clean it...STUPID STUPID MOVE.. there was what looked like a W in the middle of it..and the date of 1822..it sparkles like gold... the edges are roughish... and I RUINED IT cleaning it with a brass brush.. Now I am trying to take a picture that is clear enough to see.. so bear with me till I get a good pix of this.. I put ashes on it to see if I could see the imprints better.. course I think I destroyed it.. SHOOT ME

its approx the size of a nickel, but tiny bit bigger ... waiting for the battery to charge up for the other better camera...

Upvote 0

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, we forgive you, just don't let it happen again. Not funny enough to laugh about. I feel your pain. :(

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
am gonna post a pix if I can it clear enough to see it.. waiting for the battery to charge up for the better camera.. theres writing on the one edge of it..that I didnt totally destroy.. and once I did clean it.. it shinned like gold...and it sparkles.. bear with me till I get a picture...will try the other camera in the mean time..

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH hurry up, Bbay! You know we gotta see ! :o

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Come on Rae, we have antz in our pantz. ;D

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heres the best I can do right now..remember I cant see crapola..it sparkles like gold and had black stuff on it when found..
am still trying to get it clearer

Attachments

• MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,317
  • MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,322
  • MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,323
  • MVC-007F.JPG
    MVC-007F.JPG
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,322
  • MVC-008F.JPG
    MVC-008F.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,319
OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no clue what this is... still trying to get better pictures

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
dont fret bootybay! gold doesnt corrode, it would look as good as the day it was minted if it were gold. im guessing maybe that is a brass token of some sort. nice find!

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but this is severely pitted would that make gold turn or tarnish. after I murdered it..it was as shiny as gold

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Bootybay said:
but this is severely pitted would that make gold turn or tarnish. after I murdered it..it was as shiny as gold

naa, gold wouldnt pit like that. it would stay all smooth and shiney. even gold coins that have been in salt water for 300 years dont pit and corrode. they look like they did when they were lost. youre good. :wink:

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh poo.. I was so hoping it was..but either way, since it is dated..1822 I am keeping it.. sides, it gives me hope too..ya shoulda seen the look on brandons face... lol we really thought we had a gold one..

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Bootybay said:
oh poo.. I was so hoping it was..but either way, since it is dated..1822 I am keeping it.. sides, it gives me hope too..ya shoulda seen the look on brandons face... lol we really thought we had a gold one..

hey a brass token from 1822 aint nothing to sneeze at! thats a great find!

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
That looks like some kind of copper coin, considering that there is some patina on it. As hollow said, gold doesn't tarnish or corrode.

I wonder what it could be, though? I don't think that it is a large cent, so there are still some open possibilities.

Kyle

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Colonial Zoyboy said:
That looks like some kind of copper coin, considering that there is some patina on it. As hollow said, gold doesn't tarnish or corrode.

I wonder what it could be, though? I don't think that it is a large cent, so there are still some open possibilities.

Kyle

you know what, it could be copper couldnt it. i didnt think of that, it was brushed.hmmmm

OP
OP
bootybay

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hollow and zoy.. I think you may be onto somethng.. as its dated 1822... I just screwed it up by cleaning it..but..would they be that small too?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread